Retroactive Pay Raises

Yeanop

Does anyone know if the pay raises will be given out retroactively once the contract is fully ratified? For example, are we going to receive a check for the number of hours we've worked since August 1st times 70 cents?

cynic

Does anyone know if the pay raises will be given out retroactively once the contract is fully ratified? For example, are we going to receive a check for the number of hours we've worked since August 1st times 70 cents?

Prop's to jumpman23 for adding on another thread on the same topic earlier today:

Include OT in your calculations as applicable for $1.05 per OT hour.
($0.70 x 1.5 = $1.05, just sayin' can't spell but I can count lol)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You really didn't know the answer?

cynic

Actually I think we'll all be paid retroactively in Bitcoins and given accounts on Silk Road with free UPS shipping...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You may see it just before Xmas. If we are lucky. Local 89 maybe a long time. Along with the west coast guys. Western Pa is going to fail as informed by BA this morning

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I asked someone the other day if they are saving for retirement and if they could just do 2% of thier pay to start a 401k, they respond; "I can't afford it". Told them spend a second and think about the .70 raise, then tell me you can't afford it. This was a FT driver no less.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I asked someone the other day if they are saving for retirement and if they could just do 2% of their pay to start a 401k, they respond; "I can't afford it". Told them spend a second and think about the .70 raise, then tell me you can't afford it. This was a FT driver no less.
An addiction to quality meth is expensive. After all there's really no other way to meet management's expectations. Man I miss Walter White so much already.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I asked someone the other day if they are saving for retirement and if they could just do 2% of thier pay to start a 401k, they respond; "I can't afford it". Told them spend a second and think about the .70 raise, then tell me you can't afford it. This was a FT driver no less.

I chip in 2% to my 401k and I'm PT. That's ****ing sad.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

​A big house and 2 nice cars no doubt.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am @ 35% + 10% catchup for being an old friend--- + 5% post tax......... second job is all about the benefits + 15 years accrued pt pension . I will buy a new Penn Surf Reel with the retro ....if the guys @ PHL ever settle.

brown108

quick question. i was hired in(officially) last September (2012). I was told by my union steward that I would not receive the .70 cents once the contract negotiations are all settled. Is this correct, and if so, why?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
quick question. i was hired in(officially) last September (2012). I was told by my union steward that I would not receive the .70 cents once the contract negotiations are all settled. Is this correct, and if so, why?
Everyone I've asked says you won't get the 70 cent general wage increase in addition to the 50 cent progression.
Because the starting pay went up you won't get 70 cents, you'll get $1.00, 50 cents of which you've already gotten....you got a 50 cent raise in september right?

You'll get 70 cents an hour retro pay from August 1st up until 1 year mark. ($10.20/$11.20 skilled)
You'll get 50 cents an hour retro pay from your 1 year anniversary forward. ($10.50/$11.50 skilled) -the new 1 year progression rate.

Last edited: