returning to work with reduced hrs after being on work comp

turdbrown

I am coming back to work after being on work comp.for over a year. I work as a full time driver. UPS has used all 30 of my light duty days during the beginning of my injury. Has anyone come back off of comp. and got reduced work hrs at the request of your dr.??

turdbrown

I have heard that b4. My argument is they used up all of my light duty days so it left me no time to return in a light duty or restricted capacity. I had a similar injury to my other arm 5years ago that required surgery. They should have known that I was not getting better in the 30 days. Especially when they kept putting me on car.

turdbrown

it has been a year and a half to be exact! sack up? Really? This site is to share info and help your fellow ups employees thigh issues, not to give random comments. People like you are the reason why ups keeps mistreating employees. You take on that "sack up" attitude and think that people should just shut their mouths and not do anything.You sound like ups mgmt. You are only helping them in the end. They are not going to be around when you can't live your life the way you want to later in life. In our hub, we are over dispatched and are working 14hr days, everyday. The reduced hrs isn't to get back into shape, its because I still have severe pain in my elbow and there are no more treatment options available for me. So what if I ask for reduced hrs. due to my injury. Am I not entitled to it since I got hurt working for them?I NEVER had a work comp injury before doing this job for 11yrs. They use you and when you get hurt, its your fault so they don't want to give you anything.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
it has been a year and a half to be exact! sack up? Really? This site is to share info and help your fellow ups employees thigh issues, not to give random comments. People like you are the reason why ups keeps mistreating employees. You take on that "sack up" attitude and think that people should just shut their mouths and not do anything.You sound like ups mgmt. You are only helping them in the end. They are not going to be around when you can't live your life the way you want to later in life. In our hub, we are over dispatched and are working 14hr days, everyday. The reduced hrs isn't to get back into shape, its because I still have severe pain in my elbow and there are no more treatment options available for me. So what if I ask for reduced hrs. due to my injury. Am I not entitled to it since I got hurt working for them?I NEVER had a work comp injury before doing this job for 11yrs. They use you and when you get hurt, its your fault so they don't want to give you anything.
Just curious and none of my business....but what was your injury?

blkmamba

Professional athletes take a beating on their bodies and don't take that much time off. Granted they make millions, but regardless sack up and odd what you get paid to do. Yes, I am former management but I dealt with employees who would be on work men's comp for a year come back and in a month be out again. Basically screwing everyone.

turdbrown

severe lateral epicondylitis-severe tennis elbow. had open surgery to repair the damage. They took the tendon off of the bone, cut out all the bad, drilled the bone to create blood flow, then re-attached the tendon. I still have severe pain. Dr. said that the injury was caused by the daily repetitive motions of the job.

Johney

If they give you reduced hours then they have to give ALL people returning to work light hours. At that point when does it end.

Professional athletes take a beating on their bodies and don't take that much time off. Granted they make millions, but regardless sack up and odd what you get paid to do. Yes, I am former management but I dealt with employees who would be on work men's comp for a year come back and in a month be out again. Basically screwing everyone.

Between my hand and shoulder surgeries I was out 18 months over a 24 month period. It wasn't the surgery or the rehab that kept me out but rather Liberty Mutual dragging it out.

I got your sack right here.

blkmamba

Between my hand and shoulder surgeries I was out 18 months over a 24 month period. It wasn't the surgery or the rehab that kept me out but rather Liberty Mutual dragging it out.

I got your sack right here.
Well the liberty mutual needs to sack up and do their jobs. That just seems like a ridiculously long time to be out for an injury if it is pain/rehab related. But I guess we all heal differently. You know as former management, it is my duty to tell people they aren't hurt and get back to work. Sup school is also medical school

Well the liberty mutual needs to sack up and do their jobs. That just seems like a ridiculously long time to be out for an injury if it is pain/rehab related. But I guess we all heal differently. You know as former management, it is my duty to tell people they aren't hurt and get back to work. Sup school is also medical school

Liberty Mutuals job is to deny,deny,deny any real treatment and to try and get people back to work on the cheap.

turdbrown

you and I are NOT pro athletes. Athletes do not do what we do on a daily bases. They do not work 14hr days. They do not get in and out of a truck from the 80's that have a step as high as my knee 200-300 times a day. We do not have the same $ or resources as they do to recover from the damage our job does to us. I have been out a 1 1/2 yrs because of the lack of effort from Liberty Mutual. They were denying treatment left and right. Had to get a lawyer b4 liberty gave me the basic treatment requested by my Dr. I do not want to come back and then go right back out on comp. If they agree to a few reduced hrs so I can keep my job, why not do it? I do my job 100% when I am at work. I have always been a "scratch driver" No one is trying to screw anyone. It just seems logical that they would give back when I have holding up my part by doing my job 100% everyday. We have a driver in our ctr that was bitten by a dog. Now she is afraid to do resi stops. So UPS has allowed her to continue working as a full time driver! Is that okay? She is screwing everyone, not me! They make deals and accommodations for whoever they want.

Johney

Here's what you seem to be missing TB. They could care less if you ran scratch everyday of a 30 year career, you are now a liability to them, that's right they don't have to give you low hours to get you back to where you were, they can have a young buck in your seat before it's cold. Someone not needing accommodations. As far as the other driver not doing resi's? If someone file's on it what do you think would happen? Has anyone filed on "her" new position/job? I assure you here if that happened some high senior employee would complain and say that position needs to be bid and take it from her.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Seriously? When was the last time you ever heard of a driver being on the d.l. for muscle spasms?

alwaysoverallowed

You can't come back to work if you have used your 30 days without a full release from your doctor for all duties. I.e. no restrictions, hopefully you have a lawyer because you might need one to continue your comp, benefits, etc.

Did you see the company doctor yet or was this the company doctor that said you could come back on limited hours? When I went out on comp I was up front with my surgeon and told him UPS wasn't going to let me come back to drive without a full release. He wanted me to go back and drive see how things worked out then adjust my pt and recovery accordingly.

He was kinda surprised this is how it was done so he kept giving me full hours but with limitations for month until UPS decided that I could come back. They really don't want you to burn through your thirty days; sounds like your management team screwed up by having you come in to soon, but that's on them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
you and I are NOT pro athletes. Athletes do not do what we do on a daily bases. They do not work 14hr days. They do not get in and out of a truck from the 80's that have a step as high as my knee 200-300 times a day. We do not have the same $ or resources as they do to recover from the damage our job does to us. I have been out a 1 1/2 yrs because of the lack of effort from Liberty Mutual. They were denying treatment left and right. Had to get a lawyer b4 liberty gave me the basic treatment requested by my Dr. I do not want to come back and then go right back out on comp. If they agree to a few reduced hrs so I can keep my job, why not do it? I do my job 100% when I am at work. I have always been a "scratch driver" No one is trying to screw anyone. It just seems logical that they would give back when I have holding up my part by doing my job 100% everyday. We have a driver in our ctr that was bitten by a dog. Now she is afraid to do resi stops. So UPS has allowed her to continue working as a full time driver! Is that okay? She is screwing everyone, not me! They make deals and accommodations for whoever they want.
If that bitten driver were a man, that would never be approved!