Rev. Thornton Claims $22M In Savings!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The extremely Reverend Matt Thornton claims his "Tuesday Initiative" has saved FedEx Express over 22 million dollars since it's implementation. What he's not saying is that most of that money came directly from reduced earnings on the part of hourly employees. All of those unfortunates who were forced to go Tues-Sat not only got to work their weekends, but also saw their hours cut because Saturdays only require a handful of drivers for pickups. What he's also not saying is how pissed-off customers are, how unhappy employees are, and how much extra it costs to double-handle all the Tuesday freight that gets rolled-over.For most stations,Tuesday split-shifts are also a thing of the past. Taking those factors into account, the real savings are much less and he's full of BS just like always. Thanks for screwing us in the butt again Matt!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A lot of us call him "Reverend" because his mannerisms(especially his constant hand gesturing) resemble those of a holy-roller type preacher. With his ethics, I doubt he could qualify to be a true minister.

A lot of us call him "Reverend" because his mannerisms(especially his constant hand gesturing) resemble those of a holy-roller type preacher. With his ethics, I doubt he could qualify to be a true minister.
He's like a holy-roller preacher, only without the integrity, charisma, and pronunciation skills. Yea, that's him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Exactly. I wonder how much of a bonus "MT3" ( that's what he likes to be called)will get as a reward for squeezing us just a bit more? How is morale in MEM? I'm on the West Coast, and even long-term employees are leaving in significant numbers out here. The new people that hire-on generally last a couple of months before they figure it out and depart for greener pastures. It's at the point now where noone really gives a smile* anymore, and the customers realize it in the form of lousy service and an "I don't care" attitude by most couriers.

The River City is still the kool-aid capital. Most here have jobs that aren't affected by the volume slowdown. It's only couriers and frontline employees who see the effects. People still act like they believe in PSP because for most of them it still applies.

SmithBarney

FedEx is going to get to the point of PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
The wages they offer are miserable in comparison to our
big brown friend. being paid ~35-40% of what UPS makes..
do you think we do 70% less work? It should be comprable
I've done both I'd say the job is 25-30% easier. And some days
its down right boring...

They want to know why people don't stick around..
nobody has 15 years to wait to top out. Entice people to
stay, words and concepts are nice.. but in the end
$$$ speaks volumes.