Revised FedEx employee discount policy effective Sept 1

hypo hanna

"This policy was designed to make eligibility requirements clear..."

Strange it took 39 years to realize the policy wasn't spelled out clearly.

Prepare to have yet another benefit severly restricted.

hypo hanna

They did not specify. Spent the entirety of the email with platitudes like, "Discount shipping is a non-revanue generating privilege that we must use responsibly as stewards of our company."

You were directed to your local HR if you have Q's.

Lordtekk

So we have to wait till Sept 1st to find out they are taking our discount away. Now I'm wondering if this also applies to interline employees.

hypo hanna

Didnt say that it was being taken away, but it was being revised.
Only 5 lines in the notice. The funniest was her opener...."fedex is committed to providing meaningful benefits to our team members.." its lies like that that will get a bolt of lightning through your roof.
Interline was not mentioned.

Last edited:

whenIgetthere

Interline can be a pain in the butt. I get a P1 stop from an employee from another opco everyday for his daughters apartment near the college here. Always DSR, and she's never home. I tried to deliver it during P2 cycle a couple of times, but was told despite being interline, still has to be delivered by 1030. Worst part, she lives in the apartment building furthest from the road, takes about 7 minutes in and 7 minutes back out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"This policy was designed to make eligibility requirements clear..."

Strange it took 39 years to realize the policy wasn't spelled out clearly.

Prepare to have yet another benefit severly restricted.

Bingo. Bend over once again. Everyone should be used to it by now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They did not specify. Spent the entirety of the email with platitudes like, "Discount shipping is a non-revanue generating privilege that we must use responsibly as stewards of our company."

You were directed to your local HR if you have Q's.

Why not just take everything? That is exactly their attitude. I would also expect even higher insurance premiums and a loss of most interline privileges because they "don't generate revenue" either. Do your corporate jets generate revenue? Screw you, Mr. Smith. Hey, you don't really "generate revenue" either Fred. Why don't you just off yourself and do the world a favor? I promise I won't shed a tear, because tears are "non-revenue". Weasel bastard. In fact, I think you'd have about 100,000 volunteers who'd help you tie the noose. Off the clock, of course.

Why not just take everything? That is exactly their attitude. I would also expect even higher insurance premiums and a loss of most interline privileges because they "don't generate revenue" either. Do your corporate jets generate revenue? Screw you, Mr. Smith. Hey, you don't really "generate revenue" either Fred. Why don't you just off yourself and do the world a favor? I promise I won't shed a tear, because tears are "non-revenue". Weasel bastard. In fact, I think you'd have about 100,000 volunteers who'd help you tie the noose. Off the clock, of course.

Don't you know.. They did that this year already. Higher insurance premiums with less coverage.. go go FedEx

DontThrowPackages

used to be 5 dollars to send a letter anywhere. Now, most guys just ask a customer to ship it on their account seeing how some customers get a better discount than the driver.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yup.
I thought us getting 75% off express shipping was pretty good until I saw what major (title companies) get for a discount.

SmithBarney

Our discount is good, but I bet they are going to better "enforce" the discount. because we aren't supposed to use it excessively unfortunately "excessively" isn't defined. I use it to ship my luggage since airlines are screwing customers left and right on baggage fees, and reducing the max weight on bags from 45- 30

Ricochet1a

See if there are any changes to interline discounts coming. THAT is where Express is getting "inappropriate use" of the discount. Friends of airline employees would get their shipments made though Express at half what it would cost them had they gone over the counter. A LOT of revenue was lost there.

When I was a Courier, I'd see the same individual continuously shipping packages all over the place, even international. I knew this individual didn't know people all over the world (it was Ground "interline"), so what they were doing, was taking their friends shipments into Office, calling them "personal shipments", then getting reimbursed after the shipment was made from their friends.

What Express needs to do, is limit the number of shipments that an employee can make in a given year (tracking that would be difficult though). Use up your "discounted" shipments for the year, and you're paying full rate. Solves the problem.

SmithBarney

maybe they'll just force us to only use ground, that way FX actually has no expense
and will let the costs fall on the FXG contractors(like they do for all the expenses related to their "businesses")
I wouldn't mind, but only I don't like Gambling on whether FXG will destroy or lose my package.

Ricochet1a

Welcome to the 10 percent discount like we get!

Don't the "actual employees" of Ground get a 50% discount?

I remember that Express employees got a 50% discount on Ground shipping (75% for Express). That 50% discount means that FedEx was actually losing money on moving volume from Express employees through Ground (the margins in Ground are MUCH TIGHTER than Express).