Rickyb's George H W Bush memorial thread

vantexan

He was up to his eyeballs in Iran-Contra. The driver behind the liberation of Kuwait a country that was anything but a democracy was OIL. He ran the CIA and said it was his favorite appointment. I wonder why? The Soviet Union collapsed on its own. The other crew members in his Avenger were captured by the Japanese and beheaded.
As the old saying goes....."it's better to be lucky than good".... and he was very lucky right from the moment he was born.
His fault about other crewmembers? My understanding is their parachutes didn't deploy. And of course it was about oil. Fracking wasn't a possibility then, mattered very much who controlled major sources of oil. Iran-Contra wasn't his decision to make. And the Soviet Union imploding was very much due to their trying to keep up with Reagan's military spending as well as the rise of nationalism within various Soviet republics. But it was his responsibility to handle the diplomacy with Russian leaders during that period. Could have gone a very different direction. And he was known for restoring morale in the CIA. Seemed to have a positive influence everywhere he went. He was the one who encouraged Nixon to resign.

bacha29

His fault about other crewmembers? My understanding is their parachutes didn't deploy. And of course it was about oil. Fracking wasn't a possibility then, mattered very much who controlled major sources of oil. Iran-Contra wasn't his decision to make. And the Soviet Union imploding was very much due to their trying to keep up with Reagan's military spending as well as the rise of nationalism within various Soviet republics. But it was his responsibility to handle the diplomacy with Russian leaders during that period. Could have gone a very different direction. And he was known for restoring morale in the CIA. Seemed to have a positive influence everywhere he went. He was the one who encouraged Nixon to resign.
Why are you worshiping the legacy of Bush 41? Given that you cling to politicians who you believe have the best chance of overturning Roe vs Wade the fact that it was there when he took office and was still there when he left, seems a bit unusual. Furthermore it took 45 years for Cold War Part One to end not the actions of a single term president in order to accomplish that feat.

BTW. Read the article written by former Avenger pilot John McDonald regarding Bush's so called heroism. If anybody would know first the operating characteristics of an Avenger it would be him . And according to McDonald Bush was no hero......Like most WWII survivors he too was simply lucky.
Also could it have been that Bush restored morale at the CIA by allowing the operatives to do whatever they damn well pleased? Something the CIA has been known to do quite a bit of.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Look, I don't give a damn about cryptic replies or opinions. I don't want to read or watch anything anyone uses to support an argument.

I don't care if a war was about oil, to acquire land or to stop sovereign power from genocide. I do feel empathy for those affected and suffer.

Things happen, sneaky, underhanded government activity. I don't care and really don't need to or want to know details.

Strip it down to basic tribalism.
Our tribe needs to be the most powerful and frightening.
Survival.

Tribes have always had a military presence. Now, the weapons can end civilization as we know it. Maybe the downfall of civility is directly related the advancement of weapons mass destruction. Early tribes fought each other, hand to hand, now our most destructive military presence is a button requiring a count down.

Our sovereignty is what we protect.
No one is going end our way of life because our tribe is strong, smarter, well armed and can destroy your tribe.

Perhaps, H.W. Bush should have blown the former Soviet Union from the map instead of using diplomacy. We could have lost one or two cities.

Our tribe is intact. We have shelter, means to stay warm, sanitation, water and food.

Let's hope if nuclear annihilation does occur in what was formerly the United States of America, our libraries dumped the card catalog and old books in deep basement facilities to "get out of the way." Long live the dewy decimal system.

rickyb

Look, I don't give a damn about cryptic replies or opinions. I don't want to read or watch anything anyone uses to support an argument.

I don't care if a war was about oil, to acquire land or to stop sovereign power from genocide. I do feel empathy for those affected and suffer.

Things happen, sneaky, underhanded government activity. I don't care and really don't need to or want to know details.

Strip it down to basic tribalism.
Our tribe needs to be the most powerful and frightening.
Survival.

Tribes have always had a military presence. Now, the weapons can end civilization as we know it. Maybe the downfall of civility is directly related the advancement of weapons mass destruction. Early tribes fought each other, hand to hand, now our most destructive military presence is a button requiring a count down.

Our sovereignty is what we protect.
No one is going end our way of life because our tribe is strong, smarter, well armed and can destroy your tribe.

Perhaps, H.W. Bush should have blown the former Soviet Union from the map instead of using diplomacy. We could have lost one or two cities.

Our tribe is intact. We have shelter, means to stay warm, sanitation, water and food.

Let's hope if nuclear annihilation does occur in what was formerly the United States of America, our libraries dumped the card catalog and old books in deep basement facilities to "get out of the way." Long live the dewy decimal system.
empire turns in on itself. thats why the police are increasingly militarized and youre losing rights. so your way of life is being threatened by the same people who start and want these wars.

rickyb

Here's the problem with that:
No one knows or cares who is/was President of Canada. It doesn't even matter, they contribute nothing to the world.
but you should know about what hte world is doing so you can get some persepective and since youre always meddling with the rest of the world.

rickyb

You live in Canada dude, You aren't US, you are Canuck.

Mind your countries business once again. BTW, How's your sweet petunia Trudeau doin?
believe me, if you dont know about the rest of the world, the rest of hte world knows something about modern america.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
believe me, if you dont know about the rest of the world, the rest of hte world knows something about modern america.
rickyb

I am a citizen of the United States of America.

You speak of America, are you referring to North, Central or North.

From my understanding, you are in Canada.

What gives you the knowledge to know about every aspect of the life of a citizen of the United States?

Do you review the police and sheriff reports of every village, municipality, community, commonwealth or city?

Tweets are just a very small snapshot of the notice "ME" life.

Your observations are interesting and frequently on point.

The United States of America is my home. Can you call her home?

rickyb

rickyb

I am a citizen of the United States of America.

You speak of America, are you referring to North, Central or North.

From my understanding, you are in Canada.

What gives you the knowledge to know about every aspect of the life of a citizen of the United States?

Do you review the police and sheriff reports of every village, municipality, community, commonwealth or city?

Tweets are just a very small snapshot of the notice "ME" life.

Your observations are interesting and frequently on point.

The United States of America is my home. Can you call her home?
nope.

the world watches what happens politically in america because we know it matters. we get it on the domestic news daily in canada.

i dont trust the cops so i dont read what they put out.

vantexan

Why are you worshiping the legacy of Bush 41? Given that you cling to politicians who you believe have the best chance of overturning Roe vs Wade the fact that it was there when he took office and was still there when he left, seems a bit unusual. Furthermore it took 45 years for Cold War Part One to end not the actions of a single term president in order to accomplish that feat.

BTW. Read the article written by former Avenger pilot John McDonald regarding Bush's so called heroism. If anybody would know first the operating characteristics of an Avenger it would be him . And according to McDonald Bush was no hero......Like most WWII survivors he too was simply lucky.
Also could it have been that Bush restored morale at the CIA by allowing the operatives to do whatever they damn well pleased? Something the CIA has been known to do quite a bit of.
He was a hero because he stepped up and volunteered. He could have easily gotten a college deferment and skipped the war. Your problem is you hate everyone who's wealthy who isn't spouting communist dogma. And can you not get that when the Cold War ended it could have gone very badly but didn't? That our government was working feverishly behind the scenes to make assurances to both Communist and Western leaders about how we would handle things on our end? Anything, and I do mean anything, that you can find to twist about Republican leadership you're going to try your best to do.

bacha29

He was a hero because he stepped up and volunteered. He could have easily gotten a college deferment and skipped the war. Your problem is you hate everyone who's wealthy who isn't spouting communist dogma. And can you not get that when the Cold War ended it could have gone very badly but didn't? That our government was working feverishly behind the scenes to make assurances to both Communist and Western leaders about how we would handle things on our end? Anything, and I do mean anything, that you can find to twist about Republican leadership you're going to try your best to do.
Ask the Russians about the promises Baker made to them regarding NATO expansion after the fall of the Soviet Union. You'll be embarrassed to find out what Baker said to them.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ask the Russians about the promises Baker made to them regarding NATO expansion after the fall of the Soviet Union. You'll be embarrassed to find out what Baker said to them.
And you know exactly what the conversation entailed.
Fly on the wall?
Disgruntled embassy employee?
Translator trying to sell a story?

The suspense is killing me!

vantexan

Ask Baker, or anyone else, the acts of Russian aggression that earned them NATO's expansion.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
not him, but the fact that he was not america might say something about what the rest of the world thinks of it.

Do you know Klein?
I sent him a check to assist with the expansion of his start up and he never cashed it.
I hope he is doing well.