Ridiculous warning letter

sporh

Just recently, a driver in my center received a warning letter for "pulling" his handcart instead of "pushing" it. This particular driver has been running over allowed a lot, but this is the most ridiculous warning letter I've ever heard of. Seems UPS is really splitting hairs out there to get more production out of its drivers, at least in our center....

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We had a driver get a warning letter because the driver was being observed secretly and he asked "Sherlock" for a pen when he pulled up behind him. said he should of had proper supplies even though his other pen ran out of ink. Needless to say it didn't go anywhere after he grieved it.

barnyard

KTM rider
During my driver training, I was told to pull my cart because if someone was not paying attention, they would run into me instead of the cart.

The supe that wrote the letter could be on a jag because of a recent run of shoulder injuries. During my rehab, the PT chicks said specifically not to pull the cart.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Warning letters generally don't come on the first offense. People with a pattern of not following the rules tend to get them. There is a reason some guys get followed a couple times a month and some never do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just recently, a driver in my center received a warning letter for "pulling" his handcart instead of "pushing" it. This particular driver has been running over allowed a lot, but this is the most ridiculous warning letter I've ever heard of. Seems UPS is really splitting hairs out there to get more production out of its drivers, at least in our center....

try pushing a hand cart up a flight of stairs.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you have a lazy or ****ty driver, the only way to really get rid of them is to dog the **** out of them with discipline until they leave

iruhnman630

My arms just aren't long enough to open doors with the cart in front. Pushing is easier on the shoulders, but pulling is often necessary.

anonymous4

if you have a lazy or ****ty driver, the only way to really get rid of them is to dog the **** out of them with discipline until they leave

And this is the glaring problem with UPS as that viewpoint can be interpreted to any degree and be applied to anyone, for any reason.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And this is the glaring problem with UPS as that viewpoint can be interpreted to any degree and be applied to anyone, for any reason.

thank the Teamsters

having a work environment where unproductive and lazy employees are protected as well as the hard-working is completely insane

brown_trousers

thank the Teamsters

having a work environment where unproductive and lazy employees are protected as well as the hard-working is completely insane

Welcome to America junior!! If you wanna play ball in america, you play by america's rules. And union protection is American law.

Otherwise... go find another country to work in. I think China and North Korea would appreciate your philosophy!

over9five

Staff member
Funny, the same could be said about management, they just move problem managers instead of firing.
I was thinking the same thing. Workplace violence and sexual harassment are zero tolerance for hourlies, but managers will just get moved to another building.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does that still happen? Is it really a "priest thing"???

Oh yes that still happens---every time the church thinks it will all blow over another lawsuit is filed.

That is what happens with a business where all you have to do is walk in, ask to be forgivin and walla-- all is forgivin and you start from scratch with no sins to your credit. Life should be so easy--and the whole celibacy thing and no women allowed is just rediculous.

There-- I've done my fair share of pot stiring for the day.

Don't even get me started on the subject of "buying your way into Heaven".

over9five

Staff member
Oh yes that still happens---every time the church thinks it will all blow over another lawsuit is filed.

That is what happens with a business where all you have to do is walk in, ask to be forgivin and walla-- all is forgivin and you start from scratch with no sins to your credit. Life should be so easy--and the whole celibacy thing and no women allowed is just rediculous.

So Rod, what do you think about buying your way into Heaven?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Whatever happened to plenary indulgences?

I still have a scapular tucked away in a jewelry box.