Right to get double payment for working on holiday for seasonals (friday after thanksgiving)

Hi, I'm new in UPS (hired as seasonal in november 2nd 2015 - first day) and before thanksgiving my supervisor told us "friday after thanksgiving we have to work..and is double payment!" I was excited about that, but when I've received my paycheck they payed me the friday as a regular payment and not the double payment that they told me..I really feel discouraged after working that day so much for just the regular payment meanwhile my another coworkers earned double for even less effort than me. I'm unloader, new and feeling dissapointed about that.

So, the new ones that didn't reached the month, doesn't have this double payment right?

They could be some protection for us in this cases? considering that the UPS union takes $25.00 out from our four first paycheks ($100.00 total)?

Thank you for your comments or advice. Sorry about my english , I'm not english speaker.

Johney

You were lied to by a supervisor? I'm shocked! I think that they should pay you out of their pocket for doing such a thing and disappointing you.

moldsporh

Management....manipulating. ....dishonest??

No chance.

You must be mistaken.

Ha...but seriously, at best it would be double time and a half if you have your full time seniority.

8 hrs holiday pay plus time and half for hours worked.

upschuck

If was probably said during PCM for the whole workgroup, and should of been amended to say that seasonals don't get that little perk.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hi, I'm new in UPS (hired as seasonal in november 2nd 2015 - first day) and before thanksgiving my supervisor told us "friday after thanksgiving we have to work..and is double payment!" I was excited about that, but when I've received my paycheck they payed me the friday as a regular payment and not the double payment that they told me..I really feel discouraged after working that day so much for just the regular payment meanwhile my another coworkers earned double for even less effort than me. I'm unloader, new and feeling dissapointed about that.

So, the new ones that didn't reached the month, doesn't have this double payment right?

They could be some protection for us in this cases? considering that the UPS union takes $25.00 out from our four first paycheks ($100.00 total)?

Thank you for your comments or advice. Sorry about my english , I'm not english speaker.
You are seasonal....no holiday pay for a year and no double time pay until you make book....at least in my local. Sorry....he lied.

Thank you guys, at least you were honest and clear and not giving bull:censored2: answers like HR or employment center when I've called them. I'm calling the full time supervisor but no answer. Thanks again.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Thank you guys, at least you were honest and clear and not giving bull:censored2: answers like HR or employment center when I've called them. I'm calling the full time supervisor but no answer. Thanks again.
he misspoke. it happens. welcome to UPS and Brown Cafe. you get your message across much better than some born english speakers here.

browner89

Unfortunately calling the FT Sup won't help you, you're non-union and have no rights, they most likely won't fight for you and you're not entitled to Holiday pay as a seasonal, nothing your FT Sup can do except say "whoops, I didn't mean you!"

opey

the union should not be taking anything from your check, since you are not a part of the union. is this just something you heard, or was it actually taken out of your check?

Holydriver

Dude, you don't even get paid for holidays your entire first year as a full time driver. Season...ha-ha you get nothing