RIP Hostess

LTFedExer

smiley-sad030.gif
smiley-sad030.gif

STFXG

That's what you get with a union workforce... Unemployed. Bring on July 2013!

(This is 100 percent a trolling post for those too dumb to realize it)

CJinx

I've been stocking up at the local Hostess outlet store. Almost everything is half off and/or buy 1, get 1 free.

HomeDelivery

slightly offtopic: what's going to happen in July 2013?

anyways, i stumbled on how to clone those treats:

[video=youtube;Zd2JJoFnAsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd2JJoFnAsI[/video]

and if you just want the printed instructions:

Ho Ho No! With Twinkies' Fate Uncertain, Try This Recipe - CNBC

-------------------------------------------------------

PPS: i was going to try Ground work on Mondays, while staying at HD during the rest of the week, but I was told not to because I will exceed my DOT hours for the week as soon as Black Friday rolls around

does co-opco locations work that way? do some drivers have that option?

STFXG

Not sure why I put July... I was making some hard apple pie cider yesterday for thanksgiving. Haha did a little too much taste testing. I was referring to the ups strike.

As far as running 6 days a week you have a total of 70 hours to get it done. So it really depend on how many hours you're running for HD. You also need a 36 hour restart at the end of the week to reset your 70 hours. So make sure you leave enough time from when you clock out Saturday and start on Monday.

HomeDelivery

thanks for taking the time to answer so fast.

i knew about the 70 DOT hours max per week... but as a temp hourly driver at the moment, I don't think the temp agency doesn't want to pay for OT after 40 hours/week yet. They're waiting for the S#!t to hit the fan (black Fri/cyber Mon) & every hourly temp HD employee will be going to have a fat paycheck from then on... the terminal i'm working at are still trying to hire more temp drivers in time for the Dec 10 spike in volume.

oh i forgot about the weekend rest period ~ now it made sense... So, if i log off on Saturday by 2030, I can show up to work for Ground on Monday @ 0800?

i'm thinking of going with a contractor just for one day during the week as a co-driver/ helper to knock out the heavier volume on mondays & just coming back to the hourly pay at HD if the agency doesn't want to pay OT at this time... should have done that 2 months ago <shrugs>

rrunner

That's what you get with a union workforce... Unemployed. Bring on July 2013!

(This is 100 percent a trolling post for those too dumb to realize it)
Oh, like the management had nothing to do with it!!This looks like a willard,bain type operation here..

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yeah, the union is to blame...blah blah blah. The store side union agreed to cuts in pay and pensions in order to keep the company profitable, the bakery side was holding out. It's painfully obvious that this was in the works for a while, they just needed a strike to drop the axe. The really sad part is, most all of those folks found out about losing their jobs via the news and internet, I know for sure because my aunt managed an outlet store.

LTFedExer

oh i forgot about the weekend rest period ~ now it made sense... So, if i log off on Saturday by 2030, I can show up to work for Ground on Monday @ 0800?
No....36 hours would be Monday at 0830.
Yeah, the union is to blame...blah blah blah. The store side union agreed to cuts in pay and pensions in order to keep the company profitable, the bakery side was holding out. It's painfully obvious that this was in the works for a while, they just needed a strike to drop the axe. The really sad part is, most all of those folks found out about losing their jobs via the news and internet, I know for sure because my aunt managed an outlet store.
It's your classic he said/she said. The way I see it (and this is my opinion based on what I've read), Hostess put itself in debt ($100 million) and wanted the unions to bail them out with cuts. Hostess tells the unions 'If you don't agree to these cuts, we'll have to shut down production'. Unions don't believe them and bam, Hostess shuts down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The way I see it (and this is my opinion based on what I've read), Hostess put itself in debt ($100 million) and wanted the unions to bail them out with cuts. Hostess tells the unions 'If you don't agree to these cuts, we'll have to shut down production'. Unions don't believe them and bam, Hostess shuts down.

More accurately, the Teamsters agreed to the concessions while the Bakers Union did not. All 3 will be meeting with a mediator tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if they work out a deal to avoid bankruptcy.

HomeDelivery

oops my bad... thanks for the double check on those hours

yea, i know of another driver that goes to Ground on Mondays & HD from Tues-Fri & i'll pick up his slack on Saturdays...

have a safe peak out there guys, purple or brown

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
More accurately, the Teamsters agreed to the concessions while the Bakers Union did not. All 3 will be meeting with a mediator tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if they work out a deal to avoid bankruptcy.

Image the boost in sales they just experienced.
Stores wiped out and no expired product picked up requiring driver to credit merchant.

LTFedExer

Correct.....but I doubt they'll work something out without a mediator. It'll take a change in management to solve the problem.
522336_10151335724689224_201424544_n.jpg