Rip Petie

image.jpg
image.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Sorry to hear that 407. Know the feeling when I had to put my german shepherd down, one of the hardest things ive ever had to do. I got her ashes though. The best thing to do is go to the pound and get a dog and give that dog a good home and the love you gave to your previous pooch. Dogs are the best companions for sure.

MassWineGuy

407, please accept my deep condolences. Petie sure was a great looking fellow. Looks like a really nice guy, too. As much as he added to your life, I'm certain that Petie must have felt loved, safe and secure being with you for such a long time. I believe that animals know who love them, and that they're grateful for the kindness we show them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for your loss, 407. I love my animals too, they are part of my family. You loved him and gave him a great life, take comfort in that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You are in my prayers. My dog died 2 weeks ago and I still get weepy over it. Dont be ashamed to cry or show your emotions. Hang in there!

You are in my prayers. My dog died 2 weeks ago and I still get weepy over it. Dont be ashamed to cry or show your emotions. Hang in there!
We've shed some tears for sure. It's been a hard couple days. Yesterday my wife took Petie to the vet to get him checked out. The vet said he still had time left but that he was getting close. So they went home and about 9 hours later in the living room he fell over and just died.

My wife called me as I was punching out at work last night around eight. I didn't answer the first call. I was going to scoop up some firewood and I knew she would be pissed because I've got so much already. I was going to call her after I picked it up and say I just left work. She called right back I clicked it to voicemail and shot her a text saying ill call you in a few.

She called right back and I answered and she was crying and all crazy. She said Petie just died in the living room in front of the kids. She took him up to the vet so he could be cremated. I went to the vet to kiss him goodbye and smell his ears. It sucks.

The crazy thing is that we had a new dog coming over our house this Sunday that we are going to adopt. Bianca is her name. We had no idea Petie was going so we are off and rescuing another buddy. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers sober and all of you all. Thanks. Here is a pic of Bianca. Wish us luck.
image.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Sorry to hear about Petie. Losing a pet like that is like losing a member of the family. And when I heard the name Petie I couldn't help but think of the dog in the Our Gang movies. Your Petie would almost look like him if you drew a black circle around his eye.

Sorry to hear about Petie. Losing a pet like that is like losing a member of the family. And when I heard the name Petie I couldn't help but think of the dog in the Our Gang movies. Your Petie would almost look like him if you drew a black circle around his eye.
We named him after the dog on the little rascals.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
So sorry for your loss. Here it is 4 in the morning and I am still teary eyed. We had to put down our 13 year old golden retriever yesterday. This last year took a terrible toll on him.
[h=5]God played a cruel joke on us when he created the dog. The one creature on this earth that will love us unconditionally despite our faults. The one creature that we find we can't live without when they are no longer with us.
buster.jpg[/h]
buster.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am re-posting this.....numbers 9 and 10 are especially poignant...

Dog's Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.
  2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
  3. Place your trust in me - it's crucial to my well-being.
  4. Don't be angry at me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.
  5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words. I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
  6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
  7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush
    the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you.
  8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
  9. Take care of me when I get old; you, too, will grow old.
  10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch
    it", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT](Author Unknown)[/FONT]