Roaches

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I'm in SE NC. We see a fair number of those disgusting big brown roaches. I've never seen one of these in my vehicle until I started as a PVD a few weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was checking my spare tire and there was a jumbo in the spare tire well. I wondered how the hell did it get there. Since then i found 2 more so it's obvious that these nasty, greasy, greasy, nasty :censored2: bugs are coming from the packages and more likely the cardboard.
I HATE these things. If my wife finds one in the house it's a five alarm "take care of that bug" issue. When I get it I put it in the mode and piss on it before flushing it down. This makes me feel a little better.
No more packages are being brought into my house. Empty the box and then bring the content in.
Nasty greasy bastards.

I'm in SE NC. We see a fair number of those disgusting big brown roaches. I've never seen one of these in my vehicle until I started as a PVD a few weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was checking my spare tire and there was a jumbo in the spare tire well. I wondered how the hell did it get there. Since then i found 2 more so it's obvious that these nasty, greasy, greasy, nasty :censored2: bugs are coming from the packages and more likely the cardboard.
I HATE these things. If my wife finds one in the house it's a five alarm "take care of that bug" issue. When I get it I put it in the mode and piss on it before flushing it down. This makes me feel a little better.
No more packages are being brought into my house. Empty the box and then bring the content in.
Nasty greasy bastards.
I think the union guys are trying to sabotage you

BlackFriday

Stop eating in your car.
Really? Is that why the roaches arrived? Not the fact that this only started after I began putting packages in it?
I've always eaten in my car just like every other normal person does.
I find it somewhat unlikely that the bugs are crawling up my tires and finding their way to my crumbs.

BlackFriday

I think the union guys are trying to sabotage you
No way. They are way too bust. Besides being too busy they actually like me.
I took stops off of 2 drivers Wednesday before Thanksgiving and they were stoked to be get home an hour or two early. I have 4 drivers now that use the scab service I provide. They ask me to take stops. If I have a light day, and don't hear from any of them, I ask dispatch. Unfortunately dispatch, and EVERY other management person, don't generally have the courtesy to return calls/texts. Although, if my device (android based total POS) fails to punch me out as it should I'll get a call because "they can't go home" until all of the PVD drivers are punched out. These calls generally come at around 9. Maybe I shouldn't answer?

No way. They are way too bust. Besides being too busy they actually like me.
I took stops off of 2 drivers Wednesday before Thanksgiving and they were stoked to be get home an hour or two early. I have 4 drivers now that use the scab service I provide. They ask me to take stops. If I have a light day, and don't hear from any of them, I ask dispatch. Unfortunately dispatch, and EVERY other management person, don't generally have the courtesy to return calls/texts. Although, if my device (android based total POS) fails to punch me out as it should I'll get a call because "they can't go home" until all of the PVD drivers are punched out. These calls generally come at around 9. Maybe I shouldn't answer?
Take the money I wouldn't answer, they aren't paying for your cell phone

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Nasty greasy bastards.
901963C6-5FC5-4BA2-A83A-E168C8683CAB.gif

35years

Gravy route
Roaches in the PVD boxes...hmmm, I wonder if "special" boxes will be sent to PVD areas if this PVD stuff continues next peak season...or if scabs do our work during a strike.

Kind of like the stink bomb pkgs for porch pirates.

All hypothetical of course.

Good luck with your infestation problems though.

Do any of the boxes smell funny?

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nasty greasy bastards.
I totally understand your wife and the 5-alarm issue. Those nasty bugs are the only thing I’ll lose it over. There was one in my car once when my kids and I were getting ready to go somewhere. They laughed their butts off for a long time over that because they’d never heard me scream or seen me afraid of anything.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Nasty greasy bastards.
Those are palmetto bugs. They do love cardboard but I have never seen one crawl out of a box in my 15 years in the outbound and I’ve seen millions of boxes in that time frame. It’s your car, dude. Stop eating in it.

Those are palmetto bugs. They do love cardboard but I have never seen one crawl out of a box in my 15 years in the outbound and I’ve seen millions of boxes in that time frame. It’s your car, dude. Stop eating in it.
So I guess you never noticed one or two donuts missing that doesn't you bought.....