Road Test Question

UKCATS83

I have been a package handler for 9 years and I finally got a bid for a full time driving job. I am decent on driving a stick, but it's not something I've done for years. How particular are they when you go for the initial road test? I still tend to roll back a tiny bit when I am on an incline and put the car into gear. Will this be an issue? What all should I expect this test to entail?

Thanks for any help you can give.

jbg77

Put ebrake on when on a hill, Do Not Roll Back. Reverse is up and to the left and 1st is straight down from there. Don't down shift to slow down.

upschuck

Put ebrake on when on a hill, Do Not Roll Back. Reverse is up and to the left and 1st is straight down from there. Don't down shift to slow down.
Depends on what kind of transmission the PC has, some are that way(spicers), and some aren't.

rod

Retired 22 years

If you're driving an old p-800 or something like that chances are good the emergency brake isn't going to hold you on a hill anyway.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I have been a package handler for 9 years and I finally got a bid for a full time driving job. I am decent on driving a stick, but it's not something I've done for years. How particular are they when you go for the initial road test? I still tend to roll back a tiny bit when I am on an incline and put the car into gear. Will this be an issue? What all should I expect this test to entail?

Thanks for any help you can give.
First gear is not synchronized. Do not shift to neutral when coming to a stop. When you have come to a full complete stop, and you have the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, then quickly shift out of whatever gear you're in and into first. It's like shifting to reverse, but you need to do this for first gear, too.

B.Dozer

We have a real hard a.. sup that has been doing the road test lately. He has disqualified more guys than has passed. Mostly over grinding a gear. My advice would don't grind any gears

Cementups

Box Monkey

I haven't seen a manual transmission with Reverse up and to the left in years. Y'all need some new equipment if you still have one of those floating around.