Road test

nevadie

Hi there. I got hired on as a package handler at the beginning of the year after doing driver helper over peak. I made seniority yesterday and decided to sign the bid for an open driver position because why not? About an hour after I got off today I got a call from my hr rep about taking the road test tomorrow. I am an excellent driver, but it's been a few years since I have driven a manual and I figured I would have some time to practice before they got back to me on this. Does failing the road test negatively affect your chances of getting a driver position long term? And if so would it be better to wait and practice before taking it? Thanks for any feedback.

Box Ox

And if so would it be better to wait and practice before taking it?

No. Just ask the supervisor you're with if you can take a lap or two around the parking lot before hitting the open road so you can get a feel for the clutch and gears. They're really more forgiving than a more sensitive stick shift you'd find in a small car. And be aware of your truck length. No running over curbs with your rear wheels.