Road Test

AndrewK

How long is the wait if one fails a road test? I've been getting mixed answers, and havent seen it say anywhere in the contract/union book. Can you re-apply the next time a bid comes up or is there a time limit?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
What exactly caused you to fail your onroad test? If it was was an accident I could see them not giving you another chance ...... period. If it was something simple it could happen the next time they need a driver hire. Things were always done for managements convince here whether or not it adhered to the contract.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
6 months is standard to retest where I am at. Though I must say it’s got to be hard to fail a road test when 90% of the trucks are automatic now.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Road test is still manual and if you can even remotely operate a vehicle they will usually give you a second chance very soon.
6 months is standard, especially if you do something like scrape up an adjacent car in the lineup, which is pretty easy to do in these indoor boxline setups.
Anything else and you are waiting a full year for the next test, or never lol.

AndrewK

After the first test i was told try again in 2 months or whenever the next bid comesnip, month later bid comes up i put my name up and was told i have to wait atleast another month or the next bid after this one.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What exactly caused you to fail your onroad test? If it was was an accident I could see them not giving you another chance ...... period...
Well, you be the judge...

ups-truck-accident.jpg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It’s a year here if you fail a road test. It’s also a manual which is funny because at least 95% of our PC’s are automatics.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How long is the wait if one fails a road test? I've been getting mixed answers, and havent seen it say anywhere in the contract/union book. Can you re-apply the next time a bid comes up or is there a time limit?

How’d ya fail the road test?

What’d ya hit?