Robo Cop wrist scanners

dillweed

Have any other inside workers switched to those scanner/labelers that velcro on your arm and fingers? They scan, then we swipe a red ink mark on the pkg with PAS info. Very interesting little piece of equipment there.

Our center is having some issues with blisters, bruises on knuckles and hampered pkg handling. Managment says no other center is having a problem with them but we smell deception. Seems lots of folks would have a problem with one part of the gizmo strapped around their forearm and the other part velcroed around fingers and wrist. They seem to think we can go as fast as we used to...

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
yes, i got blisters on my knuckles even wearing gloves. I now raid the first aid kit and put lots of band aids on.

I just hope they release a second generation of these things quickly. there is lots of room for improvement.

Solidarity413

yes, i got blisters on my knuckles even wearing gloves. I now raid the first aid kit and put lots of band aids on.

I just hope they release a second generation of these things quickly. there is lots of room for improvement.

If by lots you mean a whole overhaul of the stupid things, then yep :).

I'm with both of you! And yes we have the problems here as well.

dillweed

We also use band aids to cushion our fingers. I have some velcro on a roll somewhere around here. Going to take it in tomorrow and see if the thing can be modified. Thanks for the replies - :happy2:

some1else

Banned
lol just imagine the lab testing these. they grab 20 boxes sit them label up on a table, then walk along and scan em. take it off; yep works fine! then you get 800pph label down lmao!

One of the problems here with the wrist scanners was a rash (no pun intended) of skin aliments from people of varying hygienes sharing equipment.

over9five

Staff member
Definitely know some people I wouldn't share equipment with.

Maybe you guys should ask the company to provide alcohol wipes to clean the equipment before using. And if they won't, bring your own!

BrownEvo

Yeah, I remember people test scanning in my trailer while I was loading. Those new scanners surely beat the ones I had to use.. Most of them didn't work properly..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Robocop wrist attached scan/labeler is better than what our boxline sort uses. stuck using the motorolla hand scanner/base and I-spa portable belt attached labeler. now THAT combination of 1997 technology is a nuisicance if anything is.

UPSNewbie

I thought it would be something like what the loaders use when they scan each package into the trailer. The little scanner that straps on to two fingers. Had no idea you had to hold that thing. Tex is right. How are you supposed to pick up large packages?

dillweed

It's a lot harder to lift. Can't get a grip with those shackles in the way. Arms are more sore and left wrist isn't happy about pushing the extra weight.

The modification didn't work - tried to fix it up to wrap around the entire palm but it worked loose.

Tomorrow going to try no glove on that hand. It just may be the rough inside of the glove that's rubbing away the skin.

My God I hope I don't break a nail :happy-very: