Rodney King Died

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Re: Rodney King R.I.P

I have always found it fascinating that so little attention is given to what occured to the two other men who were in the car with King that night.

They obeyed police commands, they got out of the car and they laid down in the road without resisting arrest. They never got hit at all.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I have always found it fascinating that so little attention is given to what occured to the two other men who were in the car with King that night.

They obeyed police commands, they got out of the car and they laid down in the road without resisting arrest. They never got hit at all.
Amen!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you're saying he deserved to get the crap beat out of him?

What about Reginald Denny--did he deserve to have his own fire extinguisher used as a weapon against him?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

He seemed like a nice guy with a lot of issues - mostly drugs and especially alcohol.
I have read all posts so far and they are reasonable responses.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I just put 'Rodney King Died'...............I thought about it for awhile too, but I didn't want a R.I.P. for him.

soberups

He was a human being. A flawed and troubled human being, but a human being nonetheless and I do hope he rests in peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He was a human being. A flawed and troubled human being, but a human being nonetheless and I do hope he rests in peace.
There you go, anyone is free to say what they want re; Rodney.

All I said was he died.....reporting an event. You all can react your own way.

soberups

So you're saying he deserved to get the crap beat out of him?

What about Reginald Denny--did he deserve to have his own fire extinguisher used as a weapon against him?

I do not condone violence. It is unhealthy for both the victim and the perpetrator.

He did not "deserve" to get the crap beat out of him. However....by his own criminal actions (using drugs, DUII, reckless driving, speeding while attempting to elude police etc.) he set into motion a chain of events that led to his encounter with cops who were totally amped out on adrenaline due to the prolonged high speed chase that had endangered their lives as well as the lives of thousands of civilians who happened to be on the road that night. He refused to obey police commands, the cops justifiably assumed he was tweaking or on angel dust, the Tasers they had werent working, so they wound up going a little overboard with the nightsticks. You could call it Karma. In any case, the fact remains that his passengers....who were also young black males.....made different choices than King did (they obeyed police commands and lay down on the pavement) and experienced an entirely different outcome.

rod

Retired 22 years
That was me More.
I've never seen you post "died" instead of "RIP" before and assumed it was a mistake.
My bad.

A hundred lashes with a wet noodle for you. There isn't any need for a moderator to add words to a post just because they "assume" someone meant something - especially when it wasn't anything that was against the rules of this site. Sometimes you take this moderating thing too far. See ---I told you I was a grumpy old man.

over9five

Staff member
A hundred lashes with a wet noodle for you. There isn't any need for a moderator to add words to a post just because they "assume" someone meant something - especially when it wasn't anything that was against the rules of this site. Sometimes you take this moderating thing too far. See ---I told you I was a grumpy old man.

Lol, I foresee Hoax changing your post!!!! It will now read "Hoax is the best mod ever. He only changes things for the betterment of the forum. Thank God he's here"

Lollollol!!!!