Roll away, LMFAO.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not something to laugh about! I NEARLY had one delivering to a business, couldn't find address. NDA package. Got diad, went through bulkhead to look up for phone # on package or whatever info...Lucky to have parked away from ANY vehicles. Heart-stopper but made a save, never again.

That was in one of those reverse-gear 800's?

O

OLDMAN3

No roll aways but one slide away. Parked on a snow/ice covered hill. Heard it sliding when walking back from a house. Ran and jumped into the moving truck. Ended up in a snow bank. No harm no foul! Measured the skid at 40 feet. Heart rate about twice my normal.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Once don't tell anyone, my heart was racing faster than my legs were running. The car started to turn slightly , all I could think about was me flatten in the street like a crazy squirrel and management giving me my pink slip, at my funeral.

raceanoncr

Once, when in feeders. Rookie, over 30 yrs ago.

Hooked up my own set. Had to take two-lane for about 200 miles, one way. Went over ROUGH, I mean, ROUGH, bridge going out of town. Back trailer locked up, smoke billowing like a tire fire, air pressure dropping. At crest of bridge (yeah, up and down, over RR tracks), got out, went to middle, found out the service line from back of front trailer popped off dolly service hookup. Whew! That's all? Hooked it back up. Life is good. Wait, not so fast!

Set starts rolling DOWNHILL now, without ME in it. Like the true veteran I was (sarcasm intended) I ran after the cab as it was heading toward concrete wall. JUMPED up on steps of old 21000 series friend-Model Mack and popped tractor brake that I, conveniently forgot to pull...SINCE I WAS STOPPED ALREADY!

Why didn't I just, quickly pull service line back off, stopping set, or turn valve off, if I would have been able too? I dunno.

OK, made it, but just barely. Never did that again. On ANY terrain. ALWAYS popped cab brake for WHATEVER reason.

Wizzy

Old 600. Was at crest of hill and e brake was not tightened up, came out building to tranny start clicking and truck was rolling toward side of a church wall. Was stopped by telephone pole that smashed throu nose of truck between engine and front wheel all the way to axle. Only time I've been fired in 36 years

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've had several slide-aways, and one sliding backwards down a steep snowy driveway out of control with a helper in the truck. Scary as hell.

When I used to drive a workhorse 700 I left it in drive twice when turning it off but handbrake held it in place and it was on level ground so it didn't go anywhere.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
A couple of drivers I worked with last year had a brief roll back. I alerted both of them immediately to it. I was outside of the truck both times.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Once, and I was standing on the back of the cat walk. I saw a big round boy get out of his truck at a pick up, he had to be about 400 pounds. I have never seen someone that big run so fast.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A couple of drivers I worked with last year had a brief roll back. I alerted both of them immediately to it. I was outside of the truck both times.
Back when I was in driving school we were driving in the ups training bus and one of the other guys in the class stalled then rolled backwards about 25 feet into a gas station parking lot. Freaked all of us out and they ended up letting him pass.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Where I live there are no hills and parking brakes are rarely used. We do however have uneven parking lots.

I once got into my truck, moved the hand cart into the cab and then started to go through my air real quick. Felt a bump against the truck and thought it was my buddy who was walking in behind me jumping on the bumper. Next thing I know I am thrown into the cab up against the hand cart and dash.

I get up to see that I am 100 feet from the building looking out the rear door at a loader standing at an empty bay with his eyes and mouth wide open.

I apparently knocked the truck out of gear when I put the cart in the cab. The parkers didn't set the brake. The first rock was my PC clearing the parking humps. I was thrown into the cab when it slammed into a tree.

I laughed for a good five minutes.