Roll Call Carnival Valor setting sail Apr. 18 '10

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are really excited about this cruise. In fact, when I was asking our friends if they wanted to go she got so excited that she thought it was this year and was all ready to packed.

This is our first cruise but our friends are experienced cruisers. Any and all advice is welcome.

We are going to try and get there a few days (2/3) early so we can see the sights. I checked with southwest airlines and they have some really good rates for their getaway tickets (some are web only). Looks like for us flying out of Phx we will only be paying about 200 a person round trip into Ft Lauderdale. I could only get rates up to middle summer this year so I will have to check again later this year. Maybe they will be cheaper in the spring.

over9five

Staff member
....dont worry about me.........i'll be right here.......while u guys are having a ball......... i'll be ok........

(But I am going to whine for the next 14 months)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Great job organizing this Steve.

I'd love to go. Tony will be there too... our 22 year old daughter wants to come too so she will probably be the third person in our cabin.

Ms.PacMan

:future:I see a boat...no, no...wait, a ship!

I'll be there.

I'm going to tell the other driver in my center who likes cruises about it and e-mail a retired driver I know in San Diego.

Nice roll call dilli :D.

We are making plans to go, of course it will all depend on if I can get the week off. I won't know that until November. We may get some friends to coma along also.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just got off of the phone with Amy. Told her that April 18th is the date. She's holding 8 of each type of room. We can figure this out when we fully know how many are going.

I asked her your question about price reduction after we've paid, MsP, and she said that's a given. She'll contact us tomorrow to let us know about deposits.

Anything else we need to know? I guess we'll all start the party in Miami before the cruise.

Ms.PacMan

Hmmm, setting sail on my birthday...doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

We take a trip on my son's birthday every year - I have the birthday decorations for your cabin door already in my suitcase!

How to contact her Steve when we book. Does she care if the phone number is on-line in a post?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We take a trip on my son's birthday every year - I have the birthday decorations for your cabin door already in my suitcase!

How to contact her Steve when we book. Does she care if the phone number is on-line in a post?

I don't think she would mind, as it's online on the agancy website. I'll ask her tomorrow. Though, I can PM you with it now, if you like. I can also PM anyone else that's going, if need be.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It is with great regret that I must inform you all that The Brownmonster will be unable to attend the inaugural Browncafe cruise.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are going! 4 ppl and will need 2 cabins w/ balconies or depending on the price break we might go a suite (depending on size available).

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How many razor blades do you go through in a week to meet appearance guidelines?

He just slaps one of these on there, and off he goes.
gold-star.jpg