Rollaway

O

Oldrow2018

So a little back story.. I was out delivering and came back to find my truck nonexistent. It rolled around 50 ft down a hill.. immediately called sup and told him.. he came and picked me up.. Next day came in and received termination papers. Filed grievance and now waiting. Anyone ever had this happen before? How long did it take for local hearing? Chances of getting my job back?

O

Oldrow2018

Can they test it or something? Like since since it doesn’t have telematics? I nosed right in without backing and left it running because all my coworkers said they did.. rookie mistake

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
A rollaway has always been an automatic termination where I come from. However, I did see an exception once. A feeder driver hooked up his back box, charged his rear trailer. His set rolled down an incline, running over him partially, and making a new entrance to the side of our carwash tunnel. He was off over a year because of his injuries, but came back to work eventually.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
A rollaway has always been an automatic termination where I come from. However, I did see an exception once. A feeder driver hooked up his back box, charged his rear trailer. His set rolled down an incline, running over him partially, and making a new entrance to the side of our carwash tunnel He was off over a year because of his injuries, but came back to work eventually.
What was the reason given for the set rolling?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Can they test it or something? Like since since it doesn’t have telematics? I nosed right in without backing and left it running because all my coworkers said they did.. rookie mistake
If you left it running, then it probably wasn’t mechanical error. That’s user error. Have you admitted to this yet?