Rolling a duplicate package

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Today I found a package that was for a stop that had 3 packages. But one was a duplicate and I did not notice it until after the business closed. I didn’t bother scanning it again. What is the proper way to handle this situation? Does it count as rolling?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Today I found a package that was for a stop that had 3 packages. But one was a duplicate and I did not notice it until after the business closed. I didn’t bother scanning it again. What is the proper way to handle this situation? Does it count as rolling?

It won't show as a no scan, if it is indeed a duplicate label. No one will be looking for it. You could at least let your sup know to cya, but otherwise I would probably have done the same as you. Talk to the receiver the next day and ask if they want to refuse it, or see if the shipper screwed up and used the same label for two packages.

Fuzzy Brown

It doesn’t matter duplicate label or not every package gets a scan make your on car aware of the situation and let them decide scan or not.
If they audit you when you get in and they catch you trying to smoke a package here you’re fired.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Ask your on road supe. It came out of your edd when you scanned the first one so you didn't know there was a duplicate until you found it after closing time. It's fraud from the company that shipped it..

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Ask your on road supe. It came out of your edd when you scanned the first one so you didn't know there was a duplicate until you found it after closing time. It's fraud from the company that shipped it..
That’s a good point. I’m not too worried about. I’ve never rolled anything. And never have any problems with sups. I didn’t mention it to them. But did write on the label saying it was a duplicate. Oh well I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
This happens a lot with target packages, there is a button when you rescan the label and put duplicate package on the soft keys. It will show up in the system but you did put a scan on the other package that had the same label so I don't think they will be able to hit you with a no scan or missed on the report.

Ghost in the Darkness

If you find it at the stop use duplicate and type in the shipper numbers. If you find it later just give it to the clerk and tell them its a duplicate label you found later after delivering and have them rts it as a duplicate.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
as a clerk, i have a "duplicate tracking number" exception in my program and it gets returned to shipper the right way. but i never had one come to me with a diad exception of duplicate tracking. im thinking if you refuse it, and then i just straight up return it, the actual tracking of the package will get screwed up and show Delivered Refused Returned. more often than not its shipper error rather than shipper fraud. but always let your on car know before you give it to your clerk.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That’s a good point. I’m not too worried about. I’ve never rolled anything. And never have any problems with sups. I didn’t mention it to them. But did write on the label saying it was a duplicate. Oh well I guess we’ll see tomorrow.
#1) They don't want to show a "missed" piece on their report either.
#2) No one's going to say anything to you at peak.
#3) If their system is so smart it should've picked up the duplicate label before it got to your truck and told you there were 3 pkgs associated with that stop so you can have visibility on it to sheet it as a duplicate label. The trailer load, unload spah, and loader scans should've all showed two packages associated with that tracking number.

Dumbo

Ive had this a couple times a week it seems. Luckily for me its been at a house each time so I either catch it while I'm there or I run it back and deliver it.

charm299

as a clerk, i have a "duplicate tracking number" exception in my program and it gets returned to shipper the right way. but i never had one come to me with a diad exception of duplicate tracking. im thinking if you refuse it, and then i just straight up return it, the actual tracking of the package will get screwed up and show Delivered Refused Returned. more often than not its shipper error rather than shipper fraud. but always let your on car know before you give it to your clerk.
It’s not a shipper error, it’s fraud. I worked in shipping and receiving 20 years ago. there is extra steps you need to take to print a duplicate label

Seriously?
What's wrong with you people?
Anyone can make an honest mistake
The difference between honest and highness is the difference between getting a warning letter and getting your ass walked out the door

We are told deliver it and hit dup tracking, but if your not near bring back and service cross as dup tracking number. They will RTS it back to the shipper.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Shippers should honestly be held accountable for duplicating labels. A lot of money being taken away from the company

Not Rushin’

It won't show as a no scan, if it is indeed a duplicate label. No one will be looking for it. You could at least let your sup know to cya, but otherwise I would probably have done the same as you. Talk to the receiver the next day and ask if they want to refuse it, or see if the shipper screwed up and used the same label for two packages.
Contact your Supervisor to CYA and this should not be an issue. The only reason they didn’t get their package is because the shipper was being dishonest.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Shippers should honestly be held accountable for duplicating labels. A lot of money being taken away from the company
They are held accountable. If you scan the second duplicate label while the stop is still active the diad prompts you to tell it if it's a duplicate label or 'rescan' or in other words don't count it as a second package. If it's a duplicate label and you select it as such then the system is supposed to bill the customer for two identically sized, weighted, and service leveled packages.