Rose -Hall of Fame ---Has the time come ??

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I say let him in and the roid boys as well this once sacred game is damaged forever. A real baseball purist would puke at this stuff. Rose was a great ball player as was Bonds. Just like marriage isn't sacred in this country anymore neither is baseball.

Observer

Rose is why a lot played little league baseball. Unfortunately, soccer now has a stranglehold now. Rose should have been in the hall of fame ten years ago.

Z

ZQXC

With all the Roid news ---Is Pete really that bad to be excluded ??

"that bad"
Do you hear yourself?
Do you really want tarnished players inducted?
Where does it end?
What new level of unworthiness will be overlooked?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rose is why a lot played little league baseball. Unfortunately, soccer now has a stranglehold now. Rose should have been in the hall of fame ten years ago.

Where I live youth soccer is huge----the main reason is that, unlike in our local Little League or Babe Ruth baseball leagues, everyone plays in our local youth soccer leagues.

island1fox

"that bad"
Do you hear yourself?
Do you really want tarnished players inducted?
Where does it end?
What new level of unworthiness will be overlooked?

ZQXC,

What did Rose do ? As a Manager bet on his own team --that they would win.

He did not bet against his team and throw the game.

His bet on his team did not tarnish his Batting Average, Total Hits , His attitude , Hustle, Talent and dedication on the Diamond.

Yes. I hear myself and I repeat the same Question : What Rose did was so bad ?? --to prevent him from going into the Hall of Fame for his on -field Accomplishments ??

Very different from the steroid crowd --that took drugs to cheat and put up tainted numbers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"This is the Major League rule in question. It is not vague, and it is well known to all players and coaches:
Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.

Dowd collected gambling ledgers, bank and phone records and court documents. He took depositions from Rose’s friends who placed bets for him, from one of his bookies, from Rose himself. He found that Rose was betting five to 10 games a day, every day, in basketball, football, hockey and baseball, at about $2,000 a game. In one month, Rose lost more than $67,000, and he was deeply in debt to the bookies, including $200,000 in the hole at one point to a Staten Island bookie linked to the Mafia. He refused to pay substantial debts to his bookies at various times, witnesses told Dowd, and that can get a guy in a heap of trouble"
more

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
One of the the saddest yet idiotic decisions I have ever seen in the history of sports. Bunch of BS not having CHARLIE HUSTLE in the hall. Im always like really dude, you guys are a bunch of little bitches for that bs lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the the saddest yet idiotic decisions I have ever seen in the history of sports. Bunch of BS not having CHARLIE HUSTLE in the hall. Im always like really dude, you guys are a bunch of little bitches for that bs lol.

I guess they could induct him and then change the name to Hall of Shame.

island1fox

Babe Ruth , Mickey Mantle Billy Martin ----When the Saints come marching in.

In our country we are now discussing giving back the right to vote to convicted felons after they have served their sentences.

The years and years of Banning Rose for Gambling should be punishment enough.

He belongs in the Hall of Fame for His on-field accomplishments --not for his off field betting .

Many people can even take the position --do we ban Alcoholics ?? Do we ban those hooked on Drugs ? (excluding performance enhancing) Do we ban those hooked on Gambling ? Do we ban those hooked on sex ?? etc etc. Are they not considered "sick" and can be cured ??

island1fox

I do not see either of those two happening.

The Roiders will probably never go in - unless with a * attached.
The Hall of Fame will always be called the same.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Let him in as a player.

Bart Starr, yes, a man of honor and character, was inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1977.

As a coach, Bart is not a Hall of Famer.

Just saying, Rose was a damn good player. Give him an asterisk *. Give him a mention. Recognize the decline of the league ...