Roseburg Oregon Feeder Questions...

slue

Hello everyone. I'm currently working LTL in NorCal. Since last year I've applied for a few feeder postings here in the Western states with little response. Recently, I halfheartedly clicked on the job offer for a feeder position in Roseburg, Oregon. Sure enough, I received a voicemail (404 Georgia area code/Punjabi sounding voice) requesting that I complete my application! I guess I'm so used to not hearing anything from them to now I suspect something when they do respond! My question is what the work is like in Roseburg? Google Maps showed 15+ tractors at the location. Is there much business in the area, or is it a relay point between NorCal to Portland/Seattle Thanks everyone!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hello everyone. I'm currently working LTL in NorCal. Since last year I've applied for a few feeder postings here in the Western states with little response. Recently, I halfheartedly clicked on the job offer for a feeder position in Roseburg, Oregon. Sure enough, I received a voicemail (404 Georgia area code/Punjabi sounding voice) requesting that I complete my application! I guess I'm so used to not hearing anything from them to now I suspect something when they do respond! My question is what the work is like in Roseburg? Google Maps showed 15+ tractors at the location. Is there much business in the area, or is it a relay point between NorCal to Portland/Seattle Thanks everyone!
@slue : I looked at the Google Maps and pictures, and my best guess is it's primarily a relay point as far as feeders is concerned. The pics show a lot of tractors/trailers/converter gear, for what is a rather smallish Package Center; and it is just off I-5. Also I can see what looks like a drive-thru shop area, a must for quick repairs on doubles/triples in inclement weather. Also based on the pics (all the trailers docked in the bldg in the daytime), there may be some consolidation sorts (cross-docking) in the middle of the day & middle of the night.

Unless someone with more local knowledge can reply here, perhaps call/email the union office for more info. My best guess is that would be Teamster Local 206, Springfield OR branch office.

slue

Hey, thanks Hondo. I thought so. I didn't think there was much in the way of local feeder work (Amazon, rail, airport, etc.). Good idea also to contact the Local. I don't mind driving a slower truck anymore. Decades ago I worked for Willig. We were known for our fast Freightshaker cabovers! That was definitely "another time, another place". Thanks again to all!

Shorts365

Roseberg is one of the turns from the Portland hub. The stretch of I5 it’s on is very mountainous. Roseberg itself is a medium sized town with a healthy meth problem. Beautiful area though.