Roth401k conversion

kingOFchester

Brownslave you have great retirement goals and you seem focused enough for a young guy to acheive them. I used to think when I was younger and I started the UPS 401k that I would be able to save maybe 2 million for retirement. This was back in the high flying 90s and the tech .com bubble was happening. EVERYBODY WAS GOING TO RETIRE IN THEIR 50s! blah blah blah

I am an agressive saver and investor and there is no way I will have enough in my 401k retirement to generate 95k of annual income for 30 years in retirement so for me the traditional 401k just makes more sense tax wise.

My retirement income should put food on the table and keep the lights on and allow me to play some.:happy-very:

I actually have a roth with fidelity and I buy individual stocks but I dont have that much money to put in it.

Its a win win either way. You are on a path to a great retirement for sure.

Don't forget pension income, SS income, any income your SO may have and if you are like me you still may plan on even working part time. None of us know what our financial picture will look like when we retire and how the extortion, I mean tax system, will work.

purplesky

Don't forget pension income, SS income, any income your SO may have and if you are like me you still may plan on even working part time. None of us know what our financial picture will look like when we retire and how the extortion, I mean tax system, will work.

Yes I am hoping the combo of pension,ss, and 401k will give me a decent retirement. I have always felt uneasy about the pension(pensions in general) although I would imagine I should get around $3500 a month.

I know alot of people are expecting to get screwed in the future tax wise but I predict there will be tax breaks for retirees and ways to help people better retire and fuel the economy.

SnowCitizen

I called Prudential today to try to get my pre-tax 401k contributions rolled over to a roth 401k. The woman on the phone told me they call it an "in-plan roth rollover." After a few minutes on hold she informed me the UPS plan does not allow this kind of rollover. I verified with her that some plans do allow it, and she told me yes but the UPS plan does not at this time.

Hopefully UPS will update the plan to allow it in the future.