Round two...

oldbrownguy

UPS did NOT get the # they hoped for with the first pass at the VRP so round two will be coming in October and its NOT going to be pretty. If you didn't take the first one (you fuc#$@ed up). It's clear that they want to trim the herd. So,get ready. This isn't Jim Casey's UPS. No loyalty, NO partnership, just keeping Wall Street happy. It's been a great ride for me (40 yrs) and I saw the writing on the wall so I'm off like a prom gown. Remember, it's only a movie........

happyman2018

Strike strike strike
Let me know how that works out for you and your teamster crew. Most UPS management people have no problem finding a job making as much if not more than they do at UPS. Drivers on the other hand are not in the same boat. Amazon has proved that, go look at how they deliver their packages. By the way a strike will be bad for both sides.

happyman2018

UPS did NOT get the # they hoped for with the first pass at the VRP so round two will be coming in October and its NOT going to be pretty. If you didn't take the first one (you fuc#$@ed up). It's clear that they want to trim the herd. So,get ready. This isn't Jim Casey's UPS. No loyalty, NO partnership, just keeping Wall Street happy. It's been a great ride for me (40 yrs) and I saw the writing on the wall so I'm off like a prom gown. Remember, it's only a movie........
Thanks for your years and dedication. Enjoy life after UPS, most who retire that I know would not change their decision and have found life after UPS to be a great experience.

Indecisi0n

Let me know how that works out for you and your teamster crew. Most UPS management people have no problem finding a job making as much if not more than they do at UPS. Drivers on the other hand are not in the same boat. Amazon has proved that, go look at how they deliver their packages. By the way a strike will be bad for both sides.
STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE

Popeye

I will be taking advantage of the VRP. The coming house-cleaning is long overdue. 20+ years of poor management of Corporate office functions has finally come home to roost. I'm glad to be leaving, but I feel sorry for the innocent bystanders who are about to be "transformed" out the door through no fault of their own. Corporate has plenty of do-nothings that have no business being around, period, at all levels. There are many more who are busy at jobs doing things that don't need to be done and will probably be eliminated. It looks like all of this will be changing, and the result will be chaos for the foreseeable future. Just a few things to note. The Board of Directors is made up of 100% outsiders, with the exception of Abney. None of them could give the slightest shyte about Jim Casey, Legacy, Partnership, promote from within or any of that. They care about the short term share price. Period. They've hired a hatchet-man with experience and put him on the Management Committee. They've hired McKinsey pecker-heads to help him out. Then they've hired an outside person to head up Marketing and put him on the Management Committee. I would be very surprised if the next CEO was NOT an outsider. There's about to be a shyte-storm like UPS has never experienced. I'm glad I'll be casually watching from a distance. Best of luck to those who are stuck here and have to ride this out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I will be taking advantage of the VRP. The coming house-cleaning is long overdue. 20+ years of poor management of Corporate office functions has finally come home to roost. I'm glad to be leaving, but I feel sorry for the innocent bystanders who are about to be "transformed" out the door through no fault of their own. Corporate has plenty of do-nothings that have no business being around, period, at all levels. There are many more who are busy at jobs doing things that don't need to be done and will probably be eliminated. It looks like all of this will be changing, and the result will be chaos for the foreseeable future. Just a few things to note. The Board of Directors is made up of 100% outsiders, with the exception of Abney. None of them could give the slightest shyte about Jim Casey, Legacy, Partnership, promote from within or any of that. They care about the short term share price. Period. They've hired a hatchet-man with experience and put him on the Management Committee. They've hired McKinsey pecker-heads to help him out. Then they've hired an outside person to head up Marketing and put him on the Management Committee. I would be very surprised if the next CEO was NOT an outsider. There's about to be a shyte-storm like UPS has never experienced. I'm glad I'll be casually watching from a distance. Best of luck to those who are stuck here and have to ride this out.
cool

Limper

Out For Delivery
Is having outsiders such a bad thing? A room full of 30 year employees with the same stale ideas work?

And why is the new tranformation officer on the management committee being called a hatchet man?
Starting a division that assembles and installs home furnishings sounds like an addition to me.

happyman2018

Is having outsiders such a bad thing? A room full of 30 year employees with the same stale ideas work?

And why is the new tranformation officer on the management committee being called a hatchet man?
Starting a division that assembles and installs home furnishings sounds like an addition to me.
I have no issues with outsiders being added and think it is a good plan, but Districts are being gutted to the bone and Corporate keeps adding bodies. The thought that Corporate can fix all the ills of the company and it is the same spin and items being targeted. Same song being sung, just a different singer. How about we leverage our supply chain and go after warehouse selling like Amazon?

Popeye

I didn't say it was a bad thing. In fact I said it was long overdue. The corporate office has been completely dysfunctional for many years, and none of the current crop of "leaders" have done anything about it. If you want to know why I refer to him as a hatchet man, just wait a few months and you'll see. ;) I wonder what they'll call the involuntary "retirements" that are coming soon?

worldwide

The corporate office has been completely dysfunctional for many years, and none of the current crop of "leaders" have done anything about it.

Agree - Need more outside perspective. Abney has been a major cause of the mess we are in now. When in was in charge of international he missed opportunities to purchase other companies and expand our presence in key markets. He allowed FedEx to buy out our service partner in India right under our noses. TNT acquisition was a blunder. He has squashed any automation/new facilities in the US for years and blew the last few peaks. He was also #3 choice to be CEO - first 2 choices said no thanks and retired. Look for Scott Price to become CEO and do the things that needed to be done years ago - likely will be painful for many, but long overdue, IMO.

Popeye

Fortunately it won't be painful for me. I'll be enjoying the VRP. I'm not sure any recent Management Committee members would have been any better CEOs than Abney. The culture of the Corporate office is that ass-kissers get ahead. Nobody gets anywhere trying to do anything new or different. I agree that probably the final phase of "transformation" is transforming Abney out the door. I'm certain he doesn't have much to do with the transformation project. I believe the BOD has him by the short hairs and they're moving to give him the old heave-ho. No doubt they hired Price and the new marketing guy.

Glenlake55Wally

I've worked in management jobs in Corporate for 20+ years. Wally is my idol. I've been able to go as long as a year and a half without doing ANY work AT ALL. This place has been awesome for me and people like me. I guess maybe not for much longer though. Most days I come in late, spend the day web surfing and shopping online and then I leave early. Sometimes I take a nap in the afternoon and I have to set an alarm on my phone to wake me up when it's time to go home. I hate traffic more than I hate work. My boss is a friend%^*ing maroon. My favorite thing about my job is opportunities to make him look bad.

trickpony1

…sounds about right.

This is the "corporate" that didn't notice they weren't getting any mail because someone fraudulently turned in a "change of address" card.

The future of our company...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've worked in management jobs in Corporate for 20+ years. Wally is my idol. I've been able to go as long as a year and a half without doing ANY work AT ALL. This place has been awesome for me and people like me. I guess maybe not for much longer though. Most days I come in late, spend the day web surfing and shopping online and then I leave early. Sometimes I take a nap in the afternoon and I have to set an alarm on my phone to wake me up when it's time to go home. I hate traffic more than I hate work. My boss is a friend%^*ing maroon. My favorite thing about my job is opportunities to make him look bad.
Don’t quit yet, we have routes for you to run.

Glenlake55Wally

Don’t quit yet, we have routes for you to run.
Quit??? Why on earth would I quit? If I quit I’d be sitting at home surfing the web and shopping online. That’s what I do now, and I get salary and benefits! “Working remote” is awesome! Only an idiot would quit this gig. I’ll be here until they throw my ass out! Then I’ll probably sue them because I’m a protected minority. It doesn’t get any better than this!