Route Bid

Ella8700

My husband went feeder driver and is currently under probation. Prior to that he was on a route that belonged to another feeder driver and they waited for about a year to put it up for bid during that time he was on that route every week because no one wanted it. When the route did go up for bid they only allowed bidding during one week. It just so happened to be the week he was on nights and only had exactly 34 hours in between work “weeks”. He is currently in a different building and he was not aware that route was up for bid until the original driver told him it was open 2 days ago. He tried to bid yesterday and a sup told him bidding was closed after only one week and a driver with less seniority won. He doesn’t always work feeder they do send him back some days. My question is how long are bids supposed to stay open? Or is it sup discretion?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My husband went feeder driver and is currently under probation. Prior to that he was on a route that belonged to another feeder driver and they waited for about a year to put it up for bid during that time he was on that route every week because no one wanted it. When the route did go up for bid they only allowed bidding during one week. It just so happened to be the week he was on nights and only had exactly 34 hours in between work “weeks”. He is currently in a different building and he was not aware that route was up for bid until the original driver told him it was open 2 days ago. He tried to bid yesterday and a sup told him bidding was closed after only one week and a driver with less seniority won. He doesn’t always work feeder they do send him back some days. My question is how long are bids supposed to stay open? Or is it sup discretion?
Have your husband read his contract and stop having his mommy post on forums. I have a feeling the reason he missed his bid is the same reason he’s not posting, he doesn’t care enough to put in the effort.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Without knowing what region of the country you are in you will not get a legitimate answer on here. Same company , but different rules apply based on Regional supplements and riders.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Without knowing what region of the country you are in you will not get a legitimate answer on here. Same company , but different rules apply based on Regional supplements and riders.
14A26780-9C01-4CB2-A1AB-BD7D1A09AB9F.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Have your husband read his contract and stop having his mommy post on forums. I have a feeling the reason he missed his bid is the same reason he’s not posting, he doesn’t care enough to put in the effort.
She makes him sammich's galore and gives happy endings on demand. That's a keeper there!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My husband went feeder driver and is currently under probation. Prior to that he was on a route that belonged to another feeder driver and they waited for about a year to put it up for bid during that time he was on that route every week because no one wanted it. When the route did go up for bid they only allowed bidding during one week. It just so happened to be the week he was on nights and only had exactly 34 hours in between work “weeks”. He is currently in a different building and he was not aware that route was up for bid until the original driver told him it was open 2 days ago. He tried to bid yesterday and a sup told him bidding was closed after only one week and a driver with less seniority won. He doesn’t always work feeder they do send him back some days. My question is how long are bids supposed to stay open? Or is it sup discretion?[/QUOTE

Oh boy another wife wearing the pants

john chesney

My ex wife said don’t he have any friends that could of let him know it went up for bid.

Box Ox

He tried to bid yesterday and a sup told him bidding was closed after only one week

Never seen a bid come down after only a week. Would piss off vacationers etc who never had a chance to put eyes on it. Should ask your Union local to confirm what the posting and take down dates were with the location.

barnyard

KTM rider
I thought that bids were supposed to be up for 48 hours. If not, they are supposed to have a date and time for start and end. Also, not sure if it is a contract thing.... in my building, bids are hung on Friday morning and pulled on Tuesday morning.
I suspect that the OPs husband has a crappy relationship with his bosses. My bosses texted me during a 3 week vacation to ask if I was interested in bidding a route.
Should be able to grieve it.

542thruNthru

Never seen a bid come down after only a week. Would piss off vacationers etc who never had a chance to put eyes on it. Should ask your Union local to confirm what the posting and take down dates were with the location.

I thought that bids were supposed to be up for 48 hours. If not, they are supposed to have a date and time for start and end. Also, not sure if it is a contract thing.... in my building, bids are hung on Friday morning and pulled on Tuesday morning.
I suspect that the OPs husband has a crappy relationship with his bosses. My bosses texted me during a 3 week vacation to ask if I was interested in bidding a route.
Should be able to grieve it.

Ours are for only 5 days. Usually put up on a Tuesday so people on vaca see it Monday morning. Though this doesn't always happen.
Screenshot_20180609-124440.png

It's the same for package also.
Screenshot_20180609-124239.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Always only a week here. If you're worried about it call in Wednesday and see if any bids went up