Route cut Monday and Fridays

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No effect on our pension where I'm at. One punch a week is all we need. We have drivers do the same thing. Is my route in today? No? See you tomorrow.

In Central States you have to work a minimum number of hours to get that full year of pension credit. We have a few people that like to work the minimum or close to the minimum every year. I can afford 4 day weeks and still put money in savings. 3 day weeks are meeting my minimums and if I save up for it, a 2 day week every now and then is nice.

If I could find a 4 day a week gig that was in the $20ish/hour range, I would take it in a heartbeat. I want to work less, not more.

Check out beverage delivery. My buddy works 4 10 hour days and loves it.

stink219

No effect on our pension where I'm at. One punch a week is all we need. We have drivers do the same thing. Is my route in today? No? See you tomorrow.

In Central States you have to work a minimum number of hours to get that full year of pension credit. We have a few people that like to work the minimum or close to the minimum every year. I can afford 4 day weeks and still put money in savings. 3 day weeks are meeting my minimums and if I save up for it, a 2 day week every now and then is nice.

If I could find a 4 day a week gig that was in the $20ish/hour range, I would take it in a heartbeat. I want to work less, not more.

Check out beverage delivery. My buddy works 4 10 hour days and loves it.
Does he get OT after 8? There are a lot more people going on that schedule I see. But here is the thing, I work 5 10's now, so do I lose $18,304 going to 4 10's a week? In terms of an 8 hour work week, 4 10's is a no brainer. But to a UPS dude, that might cost us cash. But I guess it depends on individual needs of the person. Money or work/life balance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were extremely light yesterday due to Nemo. Many routes cut and those on road either double-tripped (me) or had extra work added to their loads. The rest of the week should be much busier with the freight held up by Nemo and Valentine's Day packages.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm guessing he is in Central States and you need one hour/week to get your pension credit - FOR THE OLD PENSION of $3000/mo. 30 and out. (Probably so all the CS Teamsters could guarantee their "associates" a pension).

The sparkly new pension gives you credit after 1801 hrs for a much greater amount.

I think Brownmonster should quit listening to the old timers and take a look at the pension calculator. The more yrs. in the new pension, the bigger the payout - but it still pays out the old way, too.
Brownmonster is not in the Central States pension fund. Local 344 has its own pension and he is correct that you only need one punch for the credit. Total hours worked has no bearing on our pension payout. We can max out at about $3500 at 35 years.

stink219

4-10's are designed to eliminate or greatly reduce OT, which would start after 40 hours, not 8.
I and we get OT after 8 first. I get that it would be different in other companies. But I can't see going to 4 10's for us. Using simple examples of $32 per hour. (Yes I know holidays, sick days and vacations may skew the figures.)
4 - 10's without OT = 1280
4 - 10's with OT = 1408
5 - 9.5 hour days with OT= 1640
5 - 10's with OT = 1760
Per year
I guess what it comes down to is what your comfortable with working and or making. The only thing is, we really don't get the choice right now. For me, I don't mind 5 days a week 10 hours a day. I do hate 5 days of 12's though.

hopspur

If you have a start time show up and ask for your 8. If you don't have a start time are you being laid off? When they cut a run in our center (usually mon and fri) everyone shows up. If they have available drivers the most senior driver can exercise his seniority and elect to go home (scheduled off). This is done until all routes are covered and the senior drivers have gone home. We have yet to have anyone get laid off as most senior drivers elect to take a day. When your route is cut you (combined) you can elect to follow the majority of your work (provided you have seniority over the driver on that bid run). If not you will then go into coverage where they assign you a route for the day. This is how it is handled in 509.