Route Drivers never DR'ing to keep stop count down

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm a cover driver and constantly see routes with envelopes and small parcels with service crosses that can very safely be released. Pisses me off cause when I get put on a split route it's always blowed out cause of antics said above. Is this a normal practice for veterans? I just feel like you should do the job and stop gaming the system. Rant over, let the backlash begin.
I see this too. And I know the ins and outs of most of the routes as well as the bid drivers so i know when there was no logical reason for a package to have not been delivered. Sadly....it's mainly a couple of veteran drivers in my center that are the culprits.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I see this too. And I know the ins and outs of most of the routes as well as the bid drivers so i know when there was no logical reason for a package to have not been delivered. Sadly....it's mainly a couple of veteran drivers in my center that are the culprits.
Saw the same thing 25 years ago. Big front porch, NI 1.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I love the "cover up" NI 1's. Most likely a misload and the driver doesn't want to go back. Can't say I never did this myself back in the day, but with GPS we have in the DIAD, you are setting yourself up for some trouble. Be smart, it's a missed.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've had two DFU's that were never recovered but I didn't have to pay for them. I've never heard of that happening.

JL 0513

I've never heard of a driver being held financially liable for a claim. If UPS tried that, I have to imagine any driver would threaten to never DR again.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I love the "cover up" NI 1's. Most likely a misload and the driver doesn't want to go back. Can't say I never did this myself back in the day, but with GPS we have in the DIAD, you are setting yourself up for some trouble. Be smart, it's a missed.
Yes always send it in as a misload, they will come and get it most of the time. Supervisor had me sheet it as Incad which is bogus.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I'm a cover driver and constantly see routes with envelopes and small parcels with service crosses that can very safely be released. Pisses me off cause when I get put on a split route it's always blowed out cause of antics said above. Is this a normal practice for veterans? I just feel like you should do the job and stop gaming the system. Rant over, let the backlash begin.
We have two swing drivers that do that and beernuts has paid for it. One driver said he couldnt get into the apartment complex.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Split drivers whine about this sort of thing to no end - that is until a follow up comes down with their name on it and the center manager seeks restitution from the driver for that missing package.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We call those "pretend agains". A couple of rookies here have been catching heat over it. Lazy little turds.

sportsjock

We had a driver just this passed week get in trouble for not DRing on a route he covers sometime. The route driver came to me on Wednesday and said she wasn't going to be their on Thursday and wanted me to do her route. Because she hates the cover driver that covers her route. I've done her route a few times and she told me how to run the route, if you follow EDD you will be out their all night. I followed her instructions and bring in the air every time. The other cover he brings back two shelves of send agains.

My route I have ten apartment buildings (in the projects)I can not DR anything because they will steal the packages. I go out everyday with 140 to 150 stops. End up finishing between 6:30 or 7PM