Route Integrity

Zowert

Have any of you bid drivers been getting your routes carved up? They have been putting a portion of my route on guys 3 miles from my area then giving me air to run across town. So I start my morning in a completely different area then have to fight traffic to start my actual route. We got this new dispatcher that’s an absolute joke. I didn’t bid on my route to be running crap in an area I don’t even know.

Is there anything in the contract about route integrity, or how they can use bid drivers? Or am I pretty much SOL, just deliver what they put on my truck.

Brownwind

Have any of you bid drivers been getting your routes carved up? They have been putting a portion of my route on guys 3 miles from my area then giving me air to run across town. So I start my morning in a completely different area then have to fight traffic to start my actual route. We got this new dispatcher that’s an absolute joke. I didn’t bid on my route to be running crap in an area I don’t even know.

Is there anything in the contract about route integrity, or how they can use bid drivers? Or am I pretty much SOL, just deliver what they put on my truck.
I go through this all the time. I fought and lost since I still was on my way to the route.

Send me on a goose chase clear across the pass for five stops another driver goes by. Then I get on area and another driver is delivering to the area I’m taking lunch in. So stupid. Take the money and try not to get too upset. Some of these kids are so overmatched by intelligence.

Cowboy Mac

I can’t remember where but I have seen language that bid routes are supposed to stay 80% the same. You might have to do some digging in your contract.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U can you help him

GenericUsername

I can’t remember where but I have seen language that bid routes are supposed to stay 80% the same. You might have to do some digging in your contract.
In the Southern (Article 48 Section 6 Paragraph D) it says 70% of the work must be performed within their defined bid route. It also says a driver may also be required to perform work on th way to and from their delivery route.

I unfortunately do not see anything in the Master. Hope it helped a little.

Zowert

$$$ who cares where they send you to.
You’re right I can’t really complain but it’s always air in areas I’m not familiar with. Tuesday I had 5 late NDA’s because I was driving around trying to figure out where these businesses accept deliveries. It’s in a very tight metro area, so you really need area knowledge. Today I had 11 air stops off my route, I told them they better send a supervisor out with me or they’re gonna have late air. No one is available they said, okay fine. Guess what, 4 out of the 11 stops were late.

Cowboy Mac

You’re right I can’t really complain but it’s always air in areas I’m not familiar with. Tuesday I had 5 late NDA’s because I was driving around trying to figure out where these businesses accept deliveries. It’s in a very tight metro area, so you really need area knowledge. Today I had 11 air stops off my route, I told them they better send a supervisor out with me or they’re gonna have late air. No one is available they said, okay fine. Guess what, 4 out of the 11 stops were late.
Keep doing what you’re doing. Send in a message saying “I will have late air due to over dispatch of air”. I know it’s on the way to your are but always run straight air to CYA.

Brownwind

I missed an early a few months back. A bunch of prospectors with a good address but I had no clue about the delivery location.

Area knowledge is priceless

BrownStains

Tell the dispatch to give the air back to the driver of that area. My route has multiple plans where the residential changes from day to day with the 2 routes on both sides of me but the businesses and pickups are always the same.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re getting paid for all the nonsense aren’t you? They can do whatever asinine things they want quit whining and make that money

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not your problem

542thruNthru

Two words LATE AIR
Make sure it’s late
Boom That's it! Lock it down @BadIdeaGuy we're done here.
giphy-4.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Our dispatcher is bad but nothing compared to the one that covers for vacations and stuff. Complete and utter incompetence. Gonna be making lots of extra 9.5 dough when the current dispatcher retires.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
While I understand it disrupts your routine and does not seem to make sense remember these three letters, W.A.D. It's funny how you may never see them but you absolutely know when you have a new preloader or dispatcher.

DOK

Could they be doing this purposely in order to drive up miles and keep more routes on so the newbies don’t quit?