Route Question

AndrewK

A year and a half ago I was put on a training run for my 90 day probation that went out with about 110-120 stops. Fast forward today and I'm still on this run but the area got tweaked a little and the stops went up alot, I am now going out with anywhere from 155-185 stops.

They asked the original driver for this route to come back on it as I was long overdue, but he declined and said that's too many stops and wants to stay put.

My question is, what happens next? Does the route go up for bid? Has this situation ever happened before, as my supervisor said hes never dealt with something like this before and would probably assume it will go on for bid. What's the chances of winning a bid route with only a year and a half seniority?

ManInBrown

What do you mean they asked the original driver to come back to the route? Did he bid a different route? When they are done using it for a training route, the bid driver goes back on it. Of course it went out light, you were training. Welcome to the real world. If the original bid driver, bid a different route then it goes back up for bid. If no one takes it lowest driver gets forced onto it.

AndrewK

I'm not sure what route he is currently on but hes been running it everyday ever since I went on his route. All I was told was that he told the supervisor he wants to bid off his route (the one i am currently on) as he doesnt want to do the new stop count.

I worded it wrong. They didnt really ask him, it's his bid route and they assumed it's my time to start cover driving but he literally declined management and said he wants bid off the route with the new stop count since he was last on it.

A year and a half ago I was put on a training run for my 90 day probation that went out with about 110-120 stops. Fast forward today and I'm still on this run but the area got tweaked a little and the stops went up alot, I am now going out with anywhere from 155-185 stops.

They asked the original driver for this route to come back on it as I was long overdue, but he declined and said that's too many stops and wants to stay put.

My question is, what happens next? Does the route go up for bid? Has this situation ever happened before, as my supervisor said hes never dealt with something like this before and would probably assume it will go on for bid. What's the chances of winning a bid route with only a year and a half seniority?
It's a training route. Anyone can build as a full-time rod they also can be pulled off the router the same time

AndrewK

What makes you think somebody on here could answer that

put it up for bid and see what happens

this is what a runner does to a decent route hope your proud of yourself
I know, I'm asking generally how common is it for a driver with less then 2 years seniority to bid and actually win a route. I know every center is different but is there an average time frame of seniority years to have a good chance at winning a route

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I know, I'm asking generally how common is it for a driver with less then 2 years seniority to bid and actually win a route. I know every center is different but is there an average time frame of seniority years to have a good chance at winning a route
No

You bid a training route. And any driver with any knowledge and any common sense would not bid on that route

Last edited:

ManInBrown

I'm not sure what route he is currently on but hes been running it everyday ever since I went on his route. All I was told was that he told the supervisor he wants to bid off his route (the one i am currently on) as he doesnt want to do the new stop count.

I worded it wrong. They didnt really ask him, it's his bid route and they assumed it's my time to start cover driving but he literally declined management and said he wants bid off the route with the new stop count since he was last on it.
There’s no such thing as wanting off of a route. The only way off, is to win the bid on a different route.

Appvol

Thought if it’s a training route once you got your days in the bid driver goes back to his route and you would then be a cover driver.