Route structure reduced for casuals?

TurboSnail

In our building this past bid, Management eliminated routes from the bid list saying they were routes never in but a day or two a week until peak so they were no longer biddable. These routes were generally filled by cover drivers looking for an assigned route when in and a place to be comfortable during the Holiday season. It was no surprise that once the Casual drivers arrived per Contract language, all the unassigned, non-biddable routes are in every day! Home for Casuals as Management keeps all the routes in reducing top rate drivers to 8.5 hrs, paying Casuals half our wage. I get that working 10 hrs + every day gets old but if the goal is to reduce overtime, hire full time drivers and create some jobs. Anyone else see this in their building?

Sent using BrownCafe App

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
In our building this past bid, Management eliminated routes from the bid list saying they were routes never in but a day or two a week until peak so they were no longer biddable. These routes were generally filled by cover drivers looking for an assigned route when in and a place to be comfortable during the Holiday season. It was no surprise that once the Casual drivers arrived per Contract language, all the unassigned, non-biddable routes are in every day! Home for Casuals as Management keeps all the routes in reducing top rate drivers to 8.5 hrs, paying Casuals half our wage. I get that working 10 hrs + every day gets old but if the goal is to reduce overtime, hire full time drivers and create some jobs. Anyone else see this in their building?

Sent using BrownCafe App

In the central region if a permanent job becomes available it must be bid within 10 days. A permanent job is defined as a job that is in place for 30 days. We have won cases that the job was in for more than 30 days but not consecutively if it was in more than it was out. I would grieve this asap

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A lot of times the same route will be in all week but they just change the letter on the route to make it look like a different route. Imagine that them being dishonest lol.

CHALLY9TX

In the central region if a permanent job becomes available it must be bid within 10 days. A permanent job is defined as a job that is in place for 30 days. We have won cases that the job was in for more than 30 days but not consecutively if it was in more than it was out. I would grieve this asap

3 days a week for 30 days in our region.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
30 working days in 90 calendar days is how we always did it.

I got 3-4 routes put up for bid this way. Just write on a calendar what days the extra routes are in. I kept asking the center manager when he was going to bid them. Always got the run around. He about :censored2: himself when I laid the calendar on his desk.

TurboSnail

I wish I had asked this earlier in the year. Would have had a lot of routes for Seniority drivers leaving casuals and Management scratching their heads.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TurboSnail

I wish I had asked this earlier in the year. Would have had a lot of routes for Seniority drivers leaving casuals and Management scratching their heads.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

Wow! You posted on something not related to retiree's healthcare! :raspberry:
I believe we were all rookies at one time..........commenting on something I went through like many of us..as far as health care..I hope I live long enough to see you beachin and complaining when it affects you