Route trashed by runners.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've covered somewhere in the ballpark of 20 routes so far but none of them approach anywhere near the insanity of this one.

Supposedly off by 5 and designated to drop air. Dozens of driver follow-ups. Customers complaining about stolen packages. Most every curb has obvious evidence of a prior (unreported) incident whether it be a tree limb or a bent sign.

I ran the route blind for peak with a helper who was trained to walk into the lobby. Dump on the floor (literally just dropping them from waist height) and leave. I was absolutely shocked to be witnessing it.

People walking up to me in grateful confusion saying the regular guy never leaves packages at the apartment door. Never leaves packages by the side door/rear door/garage.

I'd expect to be pulled into the office soon enough if I keep working this one. Perhaps for "overservicing customers". Construction is not factored into their plans at all. The place has had so much construction in the past 10 years including 6 story buildings and it is only accelerating. Google housing starts vs housing completions many of these are sitting half finished. Parked cars means you travel at a safe speed of 7mph or less for many parts of the route. If not backing out of one that is impassable.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've covered somewhere in the ballpark of 20 routes so far but none of them approach anywhere near the insanity of this one.

Supposedly off by 5 and designated to drop air. Dozens of driver follow-ups. Customers complaining about stolen packages. Most every curb has obvious evidence of a prior (unreported) incident whether it be a tree limb or a bent sign.

I ran the route blind for peak with a helper who was trained to walk into the lobby. Dump on the floor (literally just dropping them from waist height) and leave. I was absolutely shocked to be witnessing it.

People walking up to me in grateful confusion saying the regular guy never leaves packages at the apartment door. Never leaves packages by the side door/rear door/garage.

I'd expect to be pulled into the office soon enough if I keep working this one. Perhaps for "overservicing customers". Construction is not factored into their plans at all. The place has had so much construction in the past 10 years including 6 story buildings and it is only accelerating. Google housing starts vs housing completions many of these are sitting half finished. Parked cars means you travel at a safe speed of 7mph or less for many parts of the route. If not backing out of one that is impassable.
Sounds like a daily :censored2: show.

rod

Retired 22 years
The line I always heard was "exaggerating the methods".

The company wants you to perform the methods.... just not that good.

:biggrin:
Sounds kind of like the BS they always told us to try to get us to go faster. Their line was "You have to drive aggressively----but under control".

DVIR

There’s talk of layoffs at my building. Regularly 30+ extra guys. They call people up every morning asking if they want the day off unpaid. The runners are burning routes by 2 that should take until 8. They are literally running themselves out of a job.

Hot Carl

There’s talk of layoffs at my building. Regularly 30+ extra guys. They call people up every morning asking if they want the day off unpaid. The runners are burning routes by 2 that should take until 8. They are literally running themselves out of a job.
Send some of them over here. We're borrowing drivers from other hubs pretty much every Wednesday-Friday and I've been on forced 6th punches for nearly 2 years.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Not gonna lie, I was a runner for the first year and a half. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that what all the “old timers” were saying was absolutely true. Do it safe, do it right, and you’ll get done when you get done. They’ll still ask me from time to time “what do you mean you won’t make it in with air, you only have 20 stops left”…. LOLOLOL

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not gonna lie, I was a runner for the first year and a half. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks that what all the “old timers” were saying was absolutely true. Do it safe, do it right, and you’ll get done when you get done. They’ll still ask me from time to time “what do you mean you won’t make it in with air, you only have 20 stops left”…. LOLOLOL
Better late than never…..

Hot Carl

As one of our 30+ year guys told me right before I started driving, “It will never be enough. They will always ask for more.”

Whereistheunion

Sounds like your in THE HOOD. I WORK IN THE HOOD too. Streets are narrow, everybody is home and answer the door when you pull up. People follow you and ask if you got a pkg for them. Everybody runs the lights and stop signs. Hey, just follow the methods and you will be fine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Run-Gun!

roll-a-way-gif2-gif.373494

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

That’s how all the new cover guys do the routes here, it’s really sad. All they care about is being off the clock by 17:30 at the latest