route ?

doubletap

I have a bid route and when they cut in 3 ways what are my choices? Can I bump the lowest seniority driver or take an open route. Thanks for the replies.

barnyard

KTM rider
Ask your steward that's what they are there for.

Your steward should say that you have the right to follow the majority of your work. At my center, when it happens, the routes that get cut up are done by lower seniority guys and they typically do not have enough seniority to follow their work. In those cases, if they want to work, they will either work a route that is open due to a vacation or bump the least senior route holder.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your steward should say that you have the right to follow the majority of your work. At my center, when it happens, the routes that get cut up are done by lower seniority guys and they typically do not have enough seniority to follow their work. In those cases, if they want to work, they will either work a route that is open due to a vacation or bump the least senior route holder.

And another good example of why hourlies should know their steward and talk to them. Nothing against you Barnyard, not at all. But around here this is not exactly how it goes.

Yes, you have a right to follow the majority of your work but there are some languages that have to be followed.

1 - If a bidded route is permanently broke into different rtes then the bidded rte drivers that are affected have to re-bid the rtes that are affected. Seniority prevails - always.
2 - If a rte is broke out for the day then the bid rte driver takes what ever is available. The bid rte driver CANNOT bump a less senior driver that has a bidded rte.

People, you have got to learn that, when you come on here and ask questions, the languages vary from region to region, and even local to local. The BEST and most accurate answer you are going to get is from within your own center or locale. TALK TO YOUR STEWARD!

barnyard

KTM rider

2 The bid rte driver CANNOT bump a less senior driver that has a bid rte.

Our steward's route is one that is almost always out on Monday, sometimes Tuesday also. He routinely bumps the lowest bid route holder. I suspect that the route holder does not complain because he thinks the steward is following the contract.

It certainly does illustrate why it is important to have a copy of the contract and to read it and understand it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Our stewart's route is one that is almost always out on Monday, sometimes Tuesday also. He routinely bumps the lowest bid route holder. I suspect that the route holder does not complain because he thinks the stewart is following the contract.

It certainly does illustrate why it is important to have a copy of the contract and to read it and understand it.
I don't recall, right off hand if this is NM, rider or local language but it might be worth investigating, if your driver is interested. It has been a long time since we have had this violation. It doesn't happen here anymore.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Stewards should take time to meet and greet the new hires. I imagine this could be very difficult in a huge building. But, in a small center like mine, it's inexcusable. The new hire has no clue who were are or better yet, that they even have one.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have not been in our center for several months and for the most part, if other drivers do not know the contract and let themselves get screwed over, I figure that that is on them.