RPCD hires off the street after the new contract

F2BROWNIE

so as of April 30th 2019 the 6 for 1 hiring is null and void when it comes to hiring an RPCD which is a mon thru fri driver. The new contract states no rpcd position can be filled by an outside hire unless bidding procedure was exhausted. They can hire off the street but they must be hired as a 22.4. Anyone on here seen any off the street hires for rpcd since April 30th 2019. I filed a grievance on this but the union told me they won't do anything it will costs the company millions of dollars in back pay, while us insiders who have been working and waiting on a bid, which never came. Therefore displacing quite a few of us into 22.4 roles, and awarded the open rpcd positions to off the street hires.

ManInBrown

You can thank the Teamsters for working so hard on behalf of the company. Bet Hoffa got a couple duffel bags full of cash dropped off at his front door in exchange for 22.4s.

so as of April 30th 2019 the 6 for 1 hiring is null and void when it comes to hiring an RPCD which is a mon thru fri driver. The new contract states no rpcd position can be filled by an outside hire unless bidding procedure was exhausted. They can hire off the street but they must be hired as a 22.4. Anyone on here seen any off the street hires for rpcd since April 30th 2019. I filed a grievance on this but the union told me they won't do anything it will costs the company millions of dollars in back pay, while us insiders who have been working and waiting on a bid, which never came. Therefore displacing quite a few of us into 22.4 roles, and awarded the open rpcd positions to off the street hires.
Your center must suck
Because all outside hires here must be 22.4 jobs

F2BROWNIE

Not just my center its the whole building. About 15 in all total. I filed 2 grievances on the matter. When the book says one thing and the company does another and then the union doesn't back you what route do you have to get the position you earned? The union told me its all political and they won't do anything?

Not just my center its the whole building. About 15 in all total. I filed 2 grievances on the matter. When the book says one thing and the company does another and then the union doesn't back you what route do you have to get the position you earned? The union told me its all political and they won't do anything?
Something doesn't sound right my friend.
If they are RPCD off the street and denied a 22-4 driver the opportunity to go to RPCD it would cause a lot of trouble

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Your center must suck
Because all outside hires here must be 22.4 jobs
There were a few listings on ups jobs a few months back that specifically said rpcd.

Most of the people I know who were seasonals were only told about 224 positions being available.

Haven't looked on that site in a while, not sure how long it lasted or what became of it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
The term off the streets...

Makes me feel all dirty.
tumblr_mq626ggznv1qedb29o1_500.gif

F2BROWNIE

I thought that too.

Which is why I stand firm on them not really caring about contract verbage.
My local didnt even know about this. They kept fighting me saying they can hire 6 for 1. I finally said can you pick up the book and read article 22 section 10. Then they said oh dam. I never seen this before

F2BROWNIE

No I was one of the first 22.4's. But I was a temp who was part time before that and waiting, building senority to get the driving job. Then the new contract came along they didn't put any bids up the whole year. Hired me as a temp and then after I grieved in January finally promoted me to 22.4 in January right after I grieved. I grieved as a temp/part timer

F2BROWNIE

now the whole time the contract bs was going on they hired about 15 people off the street into rpcd spots May thru Sept. That is what I filed on because they never offered a bid