RPCD

Jet23

I’m a 0300 but low on the seniority list. Will I be grandfathered in M-Friday if they get rid of the 22.4? Or will I have to take whatever schedule they put us on by seniority?

Last edited:

DriverNerd

I’m a 0300 but low on the seniority list. Will I be grandfathered in M-Friday if they get rid of the 22.4? Or will I have to take whatever schedule they put us on by seniority?
No one knows, but they're not getting rid of Saturday delivery if they eliminate 22.4 jobs. I'm guessing lowest seniority will be scheduled Tuesday through Saturday like now. If the company would remove 22.4 I'm sure that wording would have to replace it.

Cowboy Mac

No one knows, but they're not getting rid of Saturday delivery if they eliminate 22.4 jobs. I'm guessing lowest seniority will be scheduled Tuesday through Saturday like now. If the company would remove 22.4 I'm sure that wording would have to replace it.
There will be a few (but not a lot) of higher seniority people that prefer a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.

Thebrownblob

i’m just guessing but If 22.4 goes away the lower seniority 0300 would still be on Saturday. it would probably be offered in seniority order asked in the top force from the bottom for weekly schedule.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Probably what will change in total is 6th punch will be all overtime unless changed locally. Our local Saturday is overtime regardless.

Zowert

Unless you’re a bid driver, I can see them keeping all bid drivers Mon-Fri regardless of seniority.

Integrity

Binge Poster
IMO If the 22.4 language is done away so will the M-friend work week for all new employees. I believe it will probably handled and worded in the contract the way the night differential was phased out.

7 day a week operations is not going away. I think it is important to not allow weekend delivery work to become part-time jobs. I have been told this is a deal breaker for the union, that is why the 22.4 jobs came about in the first place. Nobody but the overtime mongers want the work.

Thebrownblob

IMO If the 22.4 language is done away so will the M-friend work week for all new employees. I believe it will probably handled and worded in the contract the way the night differential was phased out.

7 day a week operations is not going away. I think it is important to not allow weekend delivery work to become part-time jobs. I have been told this is a deal breaker for the union, that is why the 22.4 jobs came about in the first place. Nobody but the overtime mongers want the work.
22.4 jobs came about because our negotiators were disconnected from reality, both from the members standpoint, and what the company would do with such a job. No one would mind or have a problem with working five days a week regardless of the days especially if it was done in seniority order and everyone was a RPCD. The 22.4 language was a travesty from the get-go both because it paid less and gave too much leeway to the company. Anyone involved with that language thinking it would work is fooled and should not be allowed to negotiate another contract. I say that having one of my very good friends on the committee since retired. The only good that came out of it in my opinion is that more people got full-time positions but even now it’s a struggle to move people RPCD I am constantly fighting to get people moved into those positions. I’ve been successful in keeping 22.4‘s around 18 months at most before they get moved up, but the language is murky and the company likes to hide numbers.

Integrity

Binge Poster
22.4 jobs came about because our negotiators were disconnected from reality, both from the members standpoint, and what the company would do with such a job. No one would mind or have a problem with working five days a week regardless of the days especially if it was done in seniority order and everyone was a RPCD. The 22.4 language was a travesty from the get-go both because it paid less and gave too much leeway to the company. Anyone involved with that language thinking it would work is fooled and should not be allowed to negotiate another contract. I say that having one of my very good friends on the committee since retired. The only good that came out of it in my opinion is that more people got full-time positions but even now it’s a struggle to move people RPCD I am constantly fighting to get people moved into those positions. I’ve been successful in keeping 22.4‘s around 18 months at months before they get moved up, but the language is murky and the company likes to hide numbers.
My Executive Board is a power house. They serve the membership of a local of many thousand members. They are far from out of touch.

They supported the approval of the 22.4 language.

Not one of our package car drivers at the contract proposal suggestion meeting wanted to work on Sat or Sunday. Not one agreed to the idea of the package car job not being a strictly M-friend job with Sat and Sunday being time and a half and double times respectively.

My Executive Board is a power house. They serve the membership of a local of many thousand members. They are far from out of touch.

Not one of our package car drivers at the contract proposal suggestion meeting wanted to work on Sat or Sunday. Not one agreed to the idea of the package car job not being a strictly M-friend job with Sat and Sunday being time and a half and double times respectively.
Did you not retire from ups?

Thebrownblob

Your executive was wrong and you’re wrong. The reason I know that is because the situation we are in now. Regular drivers are working more hours than 22.4‘s. The only thing drivers wanted was for the company to hire more drivers. To cut down the 9.5 and not to work six days. The newer drivers would’ve been working five days as well Saturday included just as a matter of seniority.
Somehow now regular drivers are working six days and 22.4‘s are getting two days off a week do you think that was a good idea?

That does not mean I think your executive board is bad that means they were wrong and they should admit it.

I’ve had plenty of conversation with the people who were on the executive board at the time and all of them agree they were wrong at that time and they see it now the fact that you continue to make excuses is not surprising to me.