RPCDs going from T-S back to M-friend under new contract and pay rate

brownman2075

Currently working Tuesday through Saturday and classified as a Regular Full-time Package Car Driver. If this new contract should get ratified and while I understand that UPS has 18 months to switch me back to a Monday through Friday schedule, will my current pay rate be effected in those 18 months until that happens? I’m a little unclear on this. Does anyone else have more clarity?

davidix

Yes they have 18 months to switch you back. But if not enough hybrids are hired guess what. You'll be working Sundays too.

And of course you'll be paid the new pay progressions.

brownman2075

No. I volunteered to work Tues through Sat. There have been no talks of working Sun. The volume just isn’t there for Sun. They keep sending Saturday drivers home as it is. I’ve been through progression already a long time ago. It’s unclear the way it’s written what happens to my pay in those 18 months other than being red circled as an RPCD scheduled to go back to back to Mon-Fri. I totally agree vote NO. The whole proposal is half-assed. Just wanted to know if someone could explain the wording of the contract a little better that maybe I’m not understanding. In other words am I going to get screwed out of all my many yearly pay increases from the time I made top rate 12 years ago?

davidix

If you were hired as a t-s driver the company has 2 years to transition you to m-friend.
Management will use people however they want regardless of the 18 month rule or not. If there's not enough people Tuesday- Saturday guys will be forced to work Sundays as well. There's nothing in the contract to stop them if they go over 18 months.

It's unfortunate but that's what will happen.

Tony Q

Currently working Tuesday through Saturday and classified as a Regular Full-time Package Car Driver. If this new contract should get ratified and while I understand that UPS has 18 months to switch me back to a Monday through Friday schedule, will my current pay rate be effected in those 18 months until that happens? I’m a little unclear on this. Does anyone else have more clarity?
You will stay the same. After we strike them you might be working a double shift indefinitely though. Its still good money working the preload and reload. You can get a lot done in the day time as well.

seekz

What if you were hired as a M-friend driver but had to go to T-S because of seniority? Or am I considered a T-S driver simply because I was forced because of low seniority?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You mean RPCD are going Tues - Fri.
OP you understand this correct? Because of the wording, "If work is available," until you have high enough seniority (about 7 years in my building) you will be laid off on Mondays due to UPS rolling volume to Sat and Sundays eventually. It will be cheaper to work 22.4's than it will be to work you so you will get the shaft!

What if you were hired as a M-friend driver but had to go to T-S because of seniority? Or am I considered a T-S driver simply because I was forced because of low seniority?

You are a "RPCD" therefore you will be a Mon-Fri driver. You have no choice or say in this matter. It is plain as black and white in the contract! Company has 18 months but that time will fly as you get closer to top rate...just to see your hours cut!

Not where we are. We have daily guarantees
LOL! "If work is available!" In my building it is whatever they want it to be. If its different in yours I am jealous!

LagunaBrown

LOL! "If work is available!" In my building it is whatever they want it to be. If its different in yours I am jealous![/QUOTE]Article 2 Section 2 of the NMA explains superior language in rider rules over that. We have a 8 hour 5 consecutive day guarantee