RTD Air Driver?

AlliSeeisBrown

Disclaimer: Not complaining or disagreeing with my situation because it's a lot better than the hub, but I'm just trying to figure this out.

Currently I'm a qualified RTD (casual) and pretty much I was told that the seasonals are done and the other casuals are being used as helpers or are in the hub. "Since I was familiar with the area" they placed me on a bid Air route while the actual driver is on some kind of indefinite leave. Either way he's not there. It's a PM letterbox route that ends up dropping by the airport. I ended up asking if I was on air rate or still on RTD rate. I'm on air rate.

The concern here is 1. Air Rate and 2. I know for a fact that I'm not the highest seniority for RTD so I think this work probably should've gone to a senior RTD that's probably in the hub. Hence why I'm really not complaining.

Thanks for the insight.

PT Car Washer

Disclaimer: Not complaining or disagreeing with my situation because it's a lot better than the hub, but I'm just trying to figure this out.

Currently I'm a qualified RTD (casual) and pretty much I was told that the seasonals are done and the other casuals are being used as helpers or are in the hub. "Since I was familiar with the area" they placed me on a bid Air route while the actual driver is on some kind of indefinite leave. Either way he's not there. It's a PM letterbox route that ends up dropping by the airport. I ended up asking if I was on air rate or still on RTD rate. I'm on air rate.

The concern here is 1. Air Rate and 2. I know for a fact that I'm not the highest seniority for RTD so I think this work probably should've gone to a senior RTD that's probably in the hub. Hence why I'm really not complaining.

Thanks for the insight.
What is an RTD?

Box Ox

The concern here is 1. Air Rate and 2. I know for a fact that I'm not the highest seniority for RTD so I think this work probably should've gone to a senior RTD that's probably in the hub.

You're running as a 5E air exception driver. Totally separate from 3C/4C temp driver pay. Air exception is 2 years to top rate from first punch and a separate pay ladder to climb from bid air and ground driver rates.

As for the higher seniority guy not doing it, he might have his reasons. He's free to bring it up if that's not the case.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're running as a 5E air exception driver. Totally separate from 3C/4C temp driver pay. Air exception is 2 years to top rate from first punch and a separate pay ladder to climb from bid air and ground driver rates.

As for the higher seniority guy not doing it, he might have his reasons. He's free to bring it up if that's not the case.
Too complicated DNR

AlliSeeisBrown

So basically air exception is not something you bid for, just something that you do when asked to do it? I'm totally cool with the situation considering it's not the hub. Just wanted to know what the entire deal was that I was getting into without prying into management.

Box Ox

So basically air exception is not something you bid for, just something that you do when asked to do it? I'm totally cool with the situation considering it's not the hub. Just wanted to know what the entire deal was that I was getting into without prying into management.

Yep. Can run it whenever you're needed. After your PT shift (if you're preload) to help with EAMs and NDA, instead of your PT shift when you're needed to cover routes for bid air drivers who are off/out, etc.

Only air drivers who have officially become bid air drivers can run as 5B bid air. But they can also run as air exception outside of their normal routes. For example, to help out a local hub on weekends. A bid air driver can be at the bottom pay progression rung but still be paid at top rate on weekends as an air exception driver if it's been at least 2 years since they started running exception air.

AlliSeeisBrown

Yep. Can run it whenever you're needed. After your PT shift (if you're preload) to help with EAMs and NDA, instead of your PT shift when you're needed to cover routes for bid air drivers who are off/out, etc.

Only air drivers who have officially become bid air drivers can run as 5B bid air. But they can also run as air exception outside of their normal routes. For example, to help out a local hub on weekends. A bid air driver can be at the bottom pay progression rung but still be paid at top rate on weekends as an air exception driver if it's been at least 2 years since they started running exception air.

I know this may depend on the local, but what is bottom and top exception pay? Thanks for the answers btw.

DOK

Thanks for the insight.

Used as helpers? Peak's over bruh