Rtd to full time reclassification

Milkman27

Hi all, just had a question regarding transferring from a part time employee/rtd to a full time package position. My 30 day probationary period was completed well before peak, about 2 months before to be exact. And I was told I wouldn't have to do anything except change classification. Now my sup says I have to be put on road for first 30 days(30 days safe driving) after changing classification. My thoughts are, I've already qualified my 30 days. I feel like they are making me do it all over again? Any answers are appreciated!

PT Car Washer

Hi all, just had a question regarding transferring from a part time employee/rtd to a full time package position. My 30 day probationary period was completed well before peak, about 2 months before to be exact. And I was told I wouldn't have to do anything except change classification. Now my sup says I have to be put on road for first 30 days(30 days safe driving) after changing classification. My thoughts are, I've already qualified my 30 days. I feel like they are making me do it all over again? Any answers are appreciated!
We had a package car driver transfer up from Arkansas last year and he had to re-qualify in our Center.

Milkman27

Your supervisor is wrong. You don't have to qualify twice.

I know I don't! But they are making it sound like it's not a qualification period just 30 days of safe driving training on a route. When there is another rtd that went full time last year and she just switched classification and never heard a word. But we also had a different center manager then as well

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've never heard it worded that way. 30 days to show you can run scratch, but not 30 days without an accident, tho that would be an excellent idea.

Box Ox

When there is another rtd that went full time last year and she just switched classification and never heard a word. But we also had a different center manager then as well

I went your route, and that's how it should be. Was just another day when I went FT. No qualification/probationary 30 day stuff. If you definitely got your 6 weeks (30 working days) in before peak, make sure you're red circled at your RTD rate until progression catches up with you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So you made book during the freeze period?...how?

Milkman27

I qualified, ran my 30 days, did the packet and everything about 3 years ago during the month of September for the most part. And have been rtd driving ever since (during the allowed time period). So yes they said I would remain at the rtd pay and I as well always thought that the day I went FT it would just be another day. But according to the center manager I have to run 30 days safely. Which sounds a lot like probationary days minus running scratch which is a given I imagine.

Box Ox

But according to the center manager I have to run 30 days safely. Which sounds a lot like probationary days minus running scratch which is a given I imagine.

Sounds like something that'd just make the center manager look dumb if something did happen and he/she started talking about your "safety days." A shoulder shrugger. If it is a thing, it's extra-contractual because you're already in according to the National Master.

AlliSeeisBrown

This is what they're telling me too. I'm a qualified RTD but they just want 30 days accident/injury free once reclassified to FT.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Are you sure it is not a 30 break in period instead of 30 day qualifying period? When I transferred I had a 30 day break in period where I had to scratch 1 day. Within that period I could decide to go back to my old center, or the center manager could send me back if there was a problem