RTW During A Strike?

Grieve It

Local 174
I asked this question to a friend a few months back who has been an activist for decades in a RTW state. Keep in mind that I live in a non RTW state and my understanding of the various laws are fairly limited. As far as I know, the union still has a legal obligation to represent all members and non-members alike. I know that this is something that we all know, but this also includes strikes. What I can't remember is if the union has a financial obligation to pay non-members who wish to not cross the picket line.

Either way, I'm not sure which scenario is worse. The freeloader who won't pay his/her dues and wants to strike with the rest of us, or the freeloader who crosses the picket line firmly believing that the company has his/her best interest at heart. If even one person crosses the picket line, the company has one less scab to "train" to take our jobs until we win that strike.

twoweeled

You want to FaceTime me ?
too funny!
Laughing+way+too+hard+at+that+gif+_d9ed8e1567101121260bc410847df253.jpeg

PT Car Washer

The RTW freeloader, what happens during a strike? Do they report for work? They are not union.
In 1997 the package delivery drivers that crossed did not have any work to do. I think they just sat around the building helping the sups. At least that is what the company clerks who were forced to come in told us.

rod

Retired 22 years
In 1997 the package delivery drivers that crossed did not have any work to do. I think they just sat around the building helping the sups. At least that is what the company clerks who were forced to come in told us.

And they missed out on the party across the street---sucks to be them. They were doing something with the sups but it wasn't work--it involved knee pads.

Tony Q

The RTW freeloader, what happens during a strike? Do they report for work? They are not union.
They will work. Here is another one for you. Once this contract is ratified, if it ever is, employees of UPS in Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and whatever states I forgot can opt out of the Union.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Georgia is a right to work state ,and in the past year we had three off the street drivers retire with a Union Pension,who enjoyed Union Healthcare and Seniority Rights and were scabs.
It's even more amusing to hear the Scabs tell us about their "rights" and it pisses me off to no end when they get 9.5 grievance checks

Georgia is a right to work state ,and in the past year we had three off the street drivers retire with a Union Pension,who enjoyed Union Healthcare and Seniority Rights and were scabs.
It's even more amusing to hear the Scabs tell us about their "rights" and it pisses me off to no end when they get 9.5 grievance checks
RTW is BS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Too bad the union couldn't negotiate a lower, non-union wage. This way, they are still under the contract.