Runner's Thread 2012

tourists24

Well I just started hitting the trails again after a 2 month hiatus. After putting on 15 pounds I figured it was time to start up again. My 2012 goal is to up my ultra distance goal to the next level, which will be a 50 miler in Vermont this September. Have a long way to go before that though. Just wanna hear some input and/or goals, schedules, questions, tips etc from the rest of you road runners and trail runners alike.

brown bomber

brown bomber
my ultra-distance goal, is to occasionally grab a beer from the basement fridge when I'm upstairs...........and reverse the process when I'm down in the basement....gonna be alot of step-climbing, I can feel the burn

my ultra-distance goal, is to occasionally grab a beer from the basement fridge when I'm upstairs...........and reverse the process when I'm down in the basement....gonna be alot of step-climbing, I can feel the burn
My wife makes me keep the beer in the garage fridge so I'm in really good shape.

brown bomber

brown bomber
my garage is not attached to the house........could result in a slip or fall, during winter months..........I only use the garage fridge during summer months.....Safety First, maintain a safe work path, keep you eyes ahead of your work (fetching a beer)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I started off the new year right, hit the trails with a buddy of mine for 9 miles. I keep pushing off races due to injury though, last year I finally got over some knee issues and now I'm dealing with an upper hamstring that doesn't want to heal. I'll give it a couple more weeks of rehab and if it's not getting better I'll see the doctor. No real specific goals at the moment beyond getting healthy and getting my mileage back up.

tourists24

I hate injuries.... my only problem right now seems to be my hip flexors.... I dont understand it.... no matter how far I run they always start hurting at around mile 6 or 7. They are fine after a couple of hours of rest, but really hurts while running..... Other than that and my fat belly I feel good,,,, did 7 miles today in 60 degree weather...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember those low mirrors they used to have in department stores so ladies could turn around and check for runners??? What? Oh, real runners!
Nevermind!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I hate injuries.... my only problem right now seems to be my hip flexors.... I dont understand it.... no matter how far I run they always start hurting at around mile 6 or 7. They are fine after a couple of hours of rest, but really hurts while running..... Other than that and my fat belly I feel good,,,, did 7 miles today in 60 degree weather...
You might have already checked it out but injured runner is a good resource. He talks about hip flexors here.