Rush Limbaugh Commentary on UPS Annoucement

purplesky

I'm just glad he pisses off the liberals!!..,,,,I don't listen to him but I bet the Obama team is scared of him..He's not a public official....So who cares what he says..

Man nobody takes RUSH seriously anymore. He doesnt scare anyone. It just goes out the other ear. :wink2:

BoogaBooga

Dear Rush,
Once again you take a complex situation and give a simple solution, and in your logical reasoning come up with the wrong answer. The union members of UPS (as well the rest of UPS people) produce. We produce results with a higher level of accountability than other companies. Management has always been in control of UPS operations. Even with high wages and a generous benefit plan, UPS management uses creative ways to increase revenue. Finally, technology directed to the delivery of packages, the flow of information from the shipper to the consignee, and the collection of revenue of value added services has made it possible for UPS to eliminate middle management positions by financial compensation, while still maintaining control of package operations and thus reducing operating costs.

Sincerely,
A Dumb Truck Driver

JustTired

free at last.......
I wouldn't read to much into this, it's pretty standard for Rush. He hates unions and attacks them regularly, I seriously doubt he knows anything about the situation at UPS beyond the fact that the workers are unionized, which is really all he needed to know in order to perform his usual shtick.

Back during the strike of 97, I was on my way home from picket duty and was listening to his radio show. He was talking about the p/ters and the push to gain more friend/t jobs. He was totally missing the point. (Don't really think so, just trying to put the company line spin on it.)

When I got home, I called in to the show. The woman who answered asked me what I wanted to talk about. I said the UPS strike. She said I had to be more specific. I told her I had just left the picket line and was picketing along side a p/ter that had put in 45 hours the week before the strike. And that while those were friend/t hours, the benefits (retirement and vacation, etc.) were p/t. She put me on hold. About 5 min. later, they hung up on me. Obviously I was making a point that flew in the face of the point that Rush was trying to make (Which from the union standpoint was totally false).

Any credibility I might have had for the guy was totally gone and I have not paid attention to anything he's had to say since.

It's all about him and nothing he says has anything to do about truth or the American Way. Those things don't get ratings. He can lead some down his primrose path....but as for me....I will not follow. I'll make up my own mind, thank you!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's also instructive to remember that when it was time for this "patriot" to serve his country, he brought in his own personal doctor to certify that he was unfit to serve because he had a boil on his ass. He's a fraud and a huckster.

Big Babooba

Wow, think you got yourself in trouble here !
Ever worked for a car manufacturer ?
I have.
24 hrs , up to 7 days a week. Non stop production.
And you wanna call them lazy.
While you earn almost just as much as they do, or maybe now , even more.

That actually hurts for a union member to pull down another union.
Most don't think that way.

Who did you work for? Studebaker?:happy-very:

klein

Für Meno :)
Precisely. The guy is a clown.

We only get to hear that clown on his biggest stunts.
Only then will he make news headlines here in Canada.

I must admit, he has guts, but no brains.

We seen his healthcare comments here (gave us a good laugh), and his anti world position. ( No country is as good as his own world).
Well, no doubt, he is right.
Just talking BS, and making millions from dummies that listen to him..
He does have it good !

Him and Jerry Springer, would get along somewhat (but ..... wait.... Springer is jewish).... so I doubt that.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Just talking BS, and making millions from dummies that listen to him..
klein

only difference between he and you is that he makes the millions.......

actually back during the strike, he was actually pretty supportive of the concepts we were striking for. we actually had several drivers that got through and made a good case for the strike.

it is so funny though, how one man can make a comment that rattles so many that claim they dont even listen to him. if he is such a non persona, then what the hell is the uproar about?

d

satellitedriver

Which union do you want to smash next ? Nurses ? Because , healthcare is costing too much ? and going broke ?
I was not bashing any union.
I was bashing your silly comment of working 24hr days, 7days a week building cars.
Nurses?
No way I would bash them.
My mother was a RN for 45yrs,
My sister has her Masters in Nursing.
Both my nieces are ICU, RN's.
My nephew is a PA, with a nurse practitioner license.
I have a problem with only one union, not all unions.
BTW,
Have you found a job yet?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Have you found a job yet?
he cant, he is way too over qualified for any job i know of. maybe he can stoop low enough to take the prime ministers job if he will lower himself to the task?

d

satellitedriver

he cant, he is way too over qualified for any job i know of. maybe he can stoop low enough to take the prime ministers job if he will lower himself to the task?
d
Nah ,
Klein is just following his dream of retiring early and has succeeded, so far.
Living on the dole does give one time to dream.:happy2: