Rush Limpbaugh getting the cold shoulder from the NFL!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Rush Limpbaugh, the right wings poster boy for stupidity, is looking like his chances of owning an NFL franchise are going down the tubes!

Owners, players and fans are coming together to speak out against this idiots attempt at joining the NFL.

Jim Irsay, the Colts Owner said: "I, myself, couldn’t even consider voting for him,” Irsay said at an owners meetings. “When there are comments that have been made that are inappropriate, incendiary and insensitive … our words do damage, and it’s something that we don’t need.”

Roger Goodell repeatedly distanced the league from Limbaugh’s statements on Tuesday, calling them “polarizing comments that we don’t think reflect accurately on the NFL or our players.”
“I have said many times before that we are all held to a higher standard here,” the commissioner said. “I think divisive comments are not what the NFL is all about. I would not want to see those kind of comments from people who are in a responsible position within the NFL. No. Absolutely not.”

According to transcripts posted on Limpbaughs Web site, in 2007 Limbaugh also said: “The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.” That comment, and others, resurfaced this month when he revealed he is teaming with St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts to bid on the Rams.

Lets hope the collective efforts of the Owners, Players and Fans prevents Limpbaugh from EVER owning any part of an NFL franchise.

:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CNN Anchor Rick Sanchez Is Assembling a Pile of Retractions

By Tim Graham | October 15, 2009 - 23:37
Rich Noyes noted earlier that CNN's Rick Sanchez stated via Twitter what he couldn't say on the air because of the overdone "Balloon Boy" fracas. He was sorry he aired fabricated Rush Limbaugh quotes:
I've know rush. in person,i like him. his rhetoric,however is inexcusably divisive. he's right tho. we didn't confirm quote. our bad.
Our bad? How about "I was inexcusably reckless in airing fabricated quotes?" But this is at least the third time in the last year that Sanchez has required a retraction when attacking a conservative or Republican.
Huffington Post Pulls Bogus Limbaugh Quotes

By Rich Noyes | October 15, 2009 - 20:41
Earlier today, the Weekly Standard’s John McCormack reported that the Huffington Post had asked author Jack Huberman to document quotes allegedly from Rush Limbaugh declaring that slavery “had its merits” and that the assassin of Martin Luther King, Jr. deserved the Medal of Honor.
The quotes were widely cited as real by several sports writers and on CNN and MSNBC in the past week as proof that Limbaugh was a racist who did not deserve to own part of the St. Louis Rams football team. But the Huffington Post has now removed them, saying the author has not been able to substantiate them.

brett636

It was a lot of hubbub over nothing. Despite his political viewpoints if he has the money to throw at an NFL team he has every right to do so. I'm dissappointed that the owner of my beloved Colts(5-0 :p ) does not see it that way, although I bet he would be surprised to learn that more than a few of his fellow team owners are probably regular listeners to Rush. Its ok to be in business together with someone even if you disagree with them on a political level. If money is being made then thats all that matters in the end.

Even though Rush didn't get part ownership like he wanted he still benefitted because of all the ruckus created by all the libs opposing his bid. It got his name in the news, and increased the size of his already very large audience of listeners which is why he has the money to buy into an NFL franchise to begin with.

over9five

Staff member
What bothers me is they won't let Limbaugh in the NFL because of things he *may* have said.

But it's perfectly fine to allow wife beaters, rapists, animal abusers, and thugs WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS to be players.

chev

Nightcrawler
And again, if you dont like someones views then just call them a racist.

I dont like Obama so therefore im a racist.:devil3:

Yes me too........I'm a racist, I'm a racist,I'm a racist,I'm a racist. Maybe if I say it enough, I will believe it. The grand plot to exploit "white apology".
Sharpton, Jackson --both race baiting racists. I'm so sick of it.
So sick of titles like "black prosecutor" or "black President". When do you ever hear "white" in front of those titles. You don't, because that would make you a racist. Color should not be an adjective to describe anyone.
:angry:
Anyone interested in starting a "United Whitie College Fund"? How about W.E.T? "White Entertainment Television"

I hope Rush is filing the lawsuits as I type this. Defamation of character. These lying, misquoting jackasses just cost him an awful lot of possible future income. Wonder how this would have gone if old "mumbles Sharpton" (one of the many poster boy's for stupidity on the Left) was trying to buy a team. hmmmm He certainly jumped on the old Rush bashing bandwagon. :laughing::laughing: What a joke coming from him.

Last edited:

klein

Für Meno :)
I hope Rush is filing the lawsuits as I type this. Defamation of character. These lying, misquoting jackasses just cost him an awful lot of possible future income. Wonder how this would have gone if old "mumbles Sharpton" (The Leftwing's poster boy for stupidity) was trying to buy a team. hmmmm He certainly jumped on the old Rush bashing bandwagon. :laughing::laughing: What a joke coming from him.

How could he make money (or the others, when players would refuse to play for him, and audiences wouldn't show up ?

Read this :
(was on TV news, too).

Limbaugh's NFL franchise hope sparks player outcry

Some NFL players say they wouldn't play for him.

Last Updated: Sunday, October 11, 2009 | 4:18 PM ET

CBC Sports

rush306-cp.jpg
Rush Limbaugh hopes to be part of a successful bid to buy the St. Louis Rams. (Associated Press)

Several NFL players are speaking out against conservative political commentator Rush Limbaugh's reported bid to become an NFL club owner.
Limbaugh, an American radio talk-show host known for his outrageous commentary, is teaming with St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts and others in hopes of purchasing the St. Louis Rams from Chip Rosenbloom.
The Rams have been in the Rosenbloom family since the 1970s.
Limbaugh resigned from ESPN in 2003 after a brief stint as a commentator. His departure followed his comment that the media were "very desirous that a black quarterback do well," a reference to Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.
The reported Rams bid has players around the league up in arms.
"A lot of the comments that he said, I feel like they have no place in journalism," New York Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka told the New York Daily News. "It is just an opinion show that should only be taken for shock value. I liken it to South Park when I am listening to him."
New York Jets defensive linebacker Bart Scott remembers the McNabb comments.
"It's an oxymoron that he criticized Donovan McNabb," Scott said. "A lot of us took it as more of a racial-type thing. I can only imagine how his players would feel. I know I wouldn't want to play for him.
"He's a jerk. What he said [about McNabb] was inappropriate and insensitive, totally off-base. He could offer me whatever he wanted, I wouldn't play for him. ... I wouldn't play for Rush Limbaugh. My principles are greater and I can't be bought."
ESPN reported Sunday that NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith sent an out email on Saturday to his executive committee addressing Limbaugh's bid.
"I've spoken to the [NFL] commissioner [Roger Goodell] and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages," Smith wrote in his email.
"But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred."
In Smith's further communication with his executive committee, he also reportedly encouraged NFL players to come forward to speak their minds.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I see a bunch of millionaires wouldn't let another millionaire join their millionaire club, apparently because they think he's a loudmouth. I love football, but I find it difficult to care one way or the other about this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Once again, right wing "spin" takes the focus off of what Limbaugh has "ACTUALLY" said over the years, his actions in his personal life (drug convictions) and have tried to convince the public that the NFL , its players and fans are using some garbage off a twitter blog to disqualify him.

Rush limpbaughs own website was cited by the Commissioner as a reason for his disapproval.

The fact that Limpbaigh HAD TO resign for his comments surrounding Donovan Mcnabb was enough for owner Jim Irsay.

His many racially insensitive skits and talk on his daily radio show, such as "Barack the magic Negro" are enough for the NFL to keep him out of the professional football league.

FAUX news has tried to make this about "lies and fabrications", and even Bill Orielly is suggesting that Limpbaugh sue many networks and media outlets, but in actually, Limpbaugh wants no part of any lawsuits.

If there were to be a lawsuit, he would expose himself to his own pompous comments and would look like a bigger jerk than he already is.

I applaud the fact that he will be kept out of football, I am part of the millions of fans who would turn off a ram game should he own .0001% of the team.

Now on his radio show, he will blab over an over for a week and eventually say something more stupid than before. Rush is about self promotion, in fact, i would even suspect that he did this for publicity.

He has been a "non factor" in politics ever since Gov Swarzenegger called him a irrelevant.

I especially like the way his "partners" ousted him after telling him they would stand by his side if anything came up. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

chev

Nightcrawler
How could he make money (or the others, when players would refuse to play for him, and audiences wouldn't show up ?

Read this :
(was on TV news, too).

(AL SHARPTON and the leftinazis)

Rush Limbaugh hopes to be part of a successful bid to buy the St. Louis Rams. (Associated Press)

Several NFL players are speaking out against conservative political commentator Rush Limbaugh's reported bid to become an NFL club owner.
Limbaugh, an American radio talk-show host known for his outrageous commentary, is teaming with St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts and others in hopes of purchasing the St. Louis Rams from Chip Rosenbloom.
Limbaugh resigned from ESPN in 2003 after a brief stint as a commentator. His departure followed his comment that the media were "very desirous that a black quarterback do well," a reference to Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.
"A lot of the comments that he said, I feel like they have no place in journalism," New York Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka told the New York Daily News. "It is just an opinion show that should only be taken for shock value. I liken it to South Park when I am listening to him."
"It's an oxymoron that he criticized Donovan McNabb," Scott said. "A lot of us took it as more of a racial-type thing. I can only imagine how his players would feel. I know I wouldn't want to play for him.
"He's a jerk. What he said [about McNabb] was inappropriate and insensitive, totally off-base. He could offer me whatever he wanted, I wouldn't play for him. ... I wouldn't play for Rush Limbaugh. My principles are greater and I can't be bought."
ESPN reported Sunday that NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith sent an out email on Saturday to his executive committee addressing Limbaugh's bid.
"I've spoken to the [NFL] commissioner [Roger Goodell] and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages," Smith wrote in his email.
"But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred."
In Smith's further communication with his executive committee, he also reportedly encouraged NFL players to come forward to speak their minds.

Feel free to to visit the link, and face the facts to read the readers comments !
Soooo. It's OK to let Vick the dog torturing Quarterback to come back, but not Let Rush own a team based on a few comments he did and did not make? Since many of the so called quotes were fabricated. Funny how these articles never print the quotes from player that think it is fine for Rush to own a team. A crap load of fans were against Vick playing for the Eagles......guess what..Stadium is full :surprised:.
This is nothing but a game of politics.

wkmac

I see a bunch of millionaires wouldn't let another millionaire join their millionaire club, apparently because they think he's a loudmouth. I love football, but I find it difficult to care one way or the other about this.

Agree but I was surprised to some extent. As much as one political faction hates Limbaugh (I guess seeing oneself in a mirror does that :happy-very:)
Limbaugh loves football and going into that world might be the apparatus that pulls him from behind his microphone for good.

But then I guess this opposition is just more political payback for Rush's actions so all is fair in love and war. Maybe we should take the extreme moral relativist view and just ignore it all as meaningless and in time it will go away for good!
:wink2:

Not soon enough IMO.
:happy-very:

brett636

Read this :
(was on TV news, too).

Feel free to to visit the link, and face the facts to read the readers comments !

This would have been a non issue. If a player is given a contract that he finds acceptable then he will play for the rams. Regardless of who owns the team. Not to mention the Rams will have the early draft picks next year so all the team has to do is start drafting players where they need positions filled. Whoever is in the NFL draft will take what they can get in order to get on an NFL team considering how tough it is to become an NFL player.

brett636

Once again, right wing "spin" takes the focus off of what Limbaugh has "ACTUALLY" said over the years, his actions in his personal life (drug convictions) and have tried to convince the public that the NFL , its players and fans are using some garbage off a twitter blog to disqualify him.

Rush limpbaughs own website was cited by the Commissioner as a reason for his disapproval.

The fact that Limpbaigh HAD TO resign for his comments surrounding Donovan Mcnabb was enough for owner Jim Irsay.

His many racially insensitive skits and talk on his daily radio show, such as "Barack the magic Negro" are enough for the NFL to keep him out of the professional football league.

FAUX news has tried to make this about "lies and fabrications", and even Bill Orielly is suggesting that Limpbaugh sue many networks and media outlets, but in actually, Limpbaugh wants no part of any lawsuits.

If there were to be a lawsuit, he would expose himself to his own pompous comments and would look like a bigger jerk than he already is.

I applaud the fact that he will be kept out of football, I am part of the millions of fans who would turn off a ram game should he own .0001% of the team.

Now on his radio show, he will blab over an over for a week and eventually say something more stupid than before. Rush is about self promotion, in fact, i would even suspect that he did this for publicity.

He has been a "non factor" in politics ever since Gov Swarzenegger called him a irrelevant.

I especially like the way his "partners" ousted him after telling him they would stand by his side if anything came up. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I guess you will take this victory no matter how meaningless. Rush has been derading your kind for years, and has been the target of both the Clinton and Obama administrations. Both have failed to get him off the air, and do you know why? He is the biggest name in talk radio with the biggest audience, and one that is growing all the time. As I pointed out earlier Rush only benefited from all the crying you libs were doing over this deal. If you had kept your mouths shut he would have become a minority owner in the Rams, and it would be nothing more than a small paragraph in the sports section of the newspaper. Now its front page news. Congratulations for helping Rush increase his radio audience as I'm sure that was your goal. :p

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I guess you will take this victory no matter how meaningless. Rush has been derading your kind for years, and has been the target of both the Clinton and Obama administrations. Both have failed to get him off the air, and do you know why? He is the biggest name in talk radio with the biggest audience, and one that is growing all the time. As I pointed out earlier Rush only benefited from all the crying you libs were doing over this deal. If you had kept your mouths shut he would have become a minority owner in the Rams, and it would be nothing more than a small paragraph in the sports section of the newspaper. Now its front page news. Congratulations for helping Rush increase his radio audience as I'm sure that was your goal. :p

PSST Brett,

let me clue you into a little something....SATELLITE RADIO.

The only idiots left on AM radio is RUSH , HANNITY, MILLER, INGRAHAM and the like...

As for audiences, RUSH only takes listeners away from other republican propagandist.

Satellite radio has all but eliminated the need for am radio waves.

Only those inclined to follow the right wing rhetoric will take the time to listen to Rush. It would be hard to sell the thought of anyone switching off satellite radio to listen to am waves...

But, thanks for the laugh! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The numbers for AM radio as a whole continue to disappear every month.

Being number 1 in am radio is like being number 1 in professional wrestling. Alot of fighting, slamming and outrageous words, but at the end of the day, its all FAKE!

Sorry if I popped the wrestling bubble for you..but it isnt real either.

The players who have come out represent the majority of players and thats all that matters. The new head of the NFLPA came out strongly against RUSH and that was it.

Lets say I wanted to be a moderator on this board, I am qualified, I have the language skills and comprension level to accomplish the job effectively, Yet, my political positions and my previous comments made would prevent me from getting the job.

You see, it isnt about me being qualified, its about the organization on this board seeking people who "fit" into the system based on thoughts and ideas. I happen to be on the opposite side of the majority of moderators on this board just like RUSH was on the opposite side of the majority of OWNERS, PLAYERS and FANS.

Finally however, Rush gets his due for his actions and ideas.

fact check

What happened when George Soros tried to buy a piece of the Washington Nats a few years ago?

Who was throwing a hissy fit then?

Short memories.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
24 of 32 team owners have to vote "yes" to approve any new owners. In spite of the fact that 31 of the 32 teams are owned by rich, generally conservative, white billionaires, it is unlikely that they would vote to let Mr. Limbaugh become a distraction and possibly cause less money to flow into their pockets. It's all about the benjamins...this is free enterprise and capitalism at it's finest: they choose to maximize their profits while minimizing their hassles. Since it is THEIR club, THEY get to set the rules.

The NFL has so many rules about behavior and whatnot, it's like a boy scout troop. Vick and Burress and the other dudes who run afoul of the rules get slapped down pretty hard because the league doesn't want to scare the paying customers away.

For those who don't know this, the 32nd team is publicly owned. I'm assuming the President and CEO of that team votes.

purplesky

Nice to see that MONEY DOESNT ALWAYS TALK! The NFL owners are filthy rich and want to stay under the radar. Rush has a big mouth and they want you to watch football and not listen to Rush rip on black people and make fun of the working class. ALSO THE PLAYERS UNION HAD EQUAL SAY IN THE MATTER. THE NFL PLAYERS UNION MADE THIS DECISION WHEN THEY SPOKE OUT AGAINST RUSH. THE OWNERS HAD NO CHOICE. THE NFL PLAYERS UNION IS VERY POWERFUL AS WAS DEMONSTRATED.

brett636

PSST Brett,

let me clue you into a little something....SATELLITE RADIO.

The only idiots left on AM radio is RUSH , HANNITY, MILLER, INGRAHAM and the like...

As for audiences, RUSH only takes listeners away from other republican propagandist.

Satellite radio has all but eliminated the need for am radio waves.

Only those inclined to follow the right wing rhetoric will take the time to listen to Rush. It would be hard to sell the thought of anyone switching off satellite radio to listen to am waves...

But, thanks for the laugh! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The numbers for AM radio as a whole continue to disappear every month.

Being number 1 in am radio is like being number 1 in professional wrestling. Alot of fighting, slamming and outrageous words, but at the end of the day, its all FAKE!

Sorry if I popped the wrestling bubble for you..but it isnt real either.

The players who have come out represent the majority of players and thats all that matters. The new head of the NFLPA came out strongly against RUSH and that was it.

Lets say I wanted to be a moderator on this board, I am qualified, I have the language skills and comprension level to accomplish the job effectively, Yet, my political positions and my previous comments made would prevent me from getting the job.

You see, it isnt about me being qualified, its about the organization on this board seeking people who "fit" into the system based on thoughts and ideas. I happen to be on the opposite side of the majority of moderators on this board just like RUSH was on the opposite side of the majority of OWNERS, PLAYERS and FANS.

Finally however, Rush gets his due for his actions and ideas.

Wow, really? Are you really that delusional?

So satellite radio is taking over the AM bands, the same satellite radio format whose only two companies were both on the path to bankruptcy and were begging the government for permission to merge not that long ago. The same satellite radio which was in desperate need for a cash rich investor to buy it up after said merger because it too was about to go under? Sorry to burst your bubble, but Rush's audience is larger than all the cable news networks combined. More people listen to him than Katie Couric. In fact you will learn that Rush's ratings are breaking new records as recently as this past August. There is a reason he is considered the god father of talk radio. He is the reason it is such a huge radio format today. I'm sorry to be the one who tells you this, but satellite radio doesn't have anywhere near the listenership of AM radio. Most people who pay for satellite radio are truckers and people who drive long distances for a living. Very little of the rest of the population finds it worth purchasing.

Now before someone accuses me of listening to Rush, although I rarely disagree with him, I prefer Dave Ramsey who is on at the same time slot. In fact most of the time I am listening to talk radio is in the evenings when the local AM news talk station is playing a rerun of Neal Boortz. I'm jealous of you Atlanta people who get to hear his entire show live everyday. My radio station only plays half of it several hours after its original broadcast. :(