Russia's Intent - Sow Discontent

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The real intent of Russia's efforts was to sow discontent in America about the integrity of the electoral process.

Many posters in here and elsewhere in American were willing participants in just such discourse.
Putin thanks you and your cohorts.

MAKAVELI

The real intent of Russia's efforts was to sow discontent in America about the integrity of the electoral process.

Many posters in here and elsewhere in American were willing participants in just such discourse.
Putin thanks you and your cohorts.
And helping Drumpf win did exactly that.

BrownArmy

I wonder how many memes posted on this forum during the election were originated by Americans unwittingly re-posting Russian troll-farm propaganda.

El Correcto

god is dead
z7vid7ulz96xlxgemsje.jpg

This was my favorite “Russian”meme.

El Correcto

god is dead
We used to be a religious nation of American principals, we’ve successfully melted the pot and Balkanized the nation. We stepped away from common ground we used to share, politics on the federal level has literally become life or death for some. We used to be able to hash out our differences on state levels and hold our dividing principals there and let different ideologies flourish that is slowly becoming a thing of the past. It wouldn’t surprise me if gun rights start slipping next honestly.

BrownArmy

I think these New York time folk give too much credit to Russians. They live in a bubble and can’t help but believe a force outside of America could be driving these ideals. Truth is America is divided and it’s from out of control progressivism. It’ll only get worse.

Or, just read the article.

It's non-partisan, and describes facts on the ground.

Forget Trump, Russia is meddling in the elections of almost every democratic country on the planet, in order to sow discontent and destroy confidence in the very notion of 'Democracy'.

In your defense of Trump the maroon, you're overlooking the fact that we're getting played by foreign actors.

Yes, America is divided, perhaps more so now than before, but that's one of our fundamental strengths - the push/pull between competing voices within our nation makes us stronger, but not when we're getting played.

Your notion that America is divided because of 'progressivism' is ridiculous at best.

(No one wants to take your guns cowboy)

El Correcto

god is dead

Forget Trump, Russia is meddling in the elections of almost every democratic country on the planet, in order to sow discontent and destroy confidence in the very notion of 'Democracy'.

In your defense of Trump the maroon, you're overlooking the fact that we're getting played by foreign actors.

Yes, America is divided, perhaps more so now than before, but that's one of our fundamental strengths - the push/pull between competing voices within our nation makes us stronger, but not when we're getting played.

Your notion that America is divided because of 'progressivism' is ridiculous at best.

Sorry, I disagree. Federal power is responsible for a lot of division in this country, not Russia. Russia is a convenient scapegoat at best from us have the real conversation and realizing these issues should be taking place in your community and state. Not me arguing with a big lib from the east coast that doesn’t hold the same values as me. Certain things the federal government should do, but a lot of it is power grabs and maintaining power for politicians who will be here in the short term.

El Correcto

god is dead

Like earlier you were crying about Florida gun laws that have 0 impact on your life in what ever liberal hellhole you crawled from. Yet people are screaming and federal politicians to do something. This is up to the people of Florida in my opinion. In Texas we decided to add guns in the hands of law abiding citizens. It’s our principal that guns are not the problem and you’ll never outlaw violence. Some of the most violent acts in our history were bombs and planes.

BrownArmy

Sorry, I disagree. Federal power is responsible for a lot of division in this country, not Russia. Russia is a convenient scapegoat at best from us have the real conversation and realizing these issues should be taking place in your community and state. Not me arguing with a big lib from the east coast that doesn’t hold the same values as me. Certain things the federal government should do, but a lot of it is power grabs and maintaining power for politicians who will be here in the short term.

Sorry, I disagree, and I think we're having two different conversations.

We can have a conversation about community/state/federal issues, and everything within that Venn diagram, and that's a valid conversation to have.

But we're getting played by a foreign power, and you seem to just dismiss that.

Forget guns, forget Trump, forget HRC or Obama, but Russia just owned us in the 'disinformation' campaign.

Does that not bother you in the least?

El Correcto

god is dead
Sorry, I disagree, and I think we're having two different conversations.

We can have a conversation about community/state/federal issues, and everything within that Venn diagram, and that's a valid conversation to have.

But we're getting played by a foreign power, and you seem to just dismiss that.

Forget guns, forget Trump, forget HRC or Obama, but Russia just owned us in the 'disinformation' campaign.

Does that not bother you in the least?
Not really because Russia doesn’t “own”me. I don’t get my political facts from memes on facebook like a 16 year old girl ranting about equal pay.

BrownArmy

Like earlier you were crying about Florida gun laws that have 0 impact on your life in what ever liberal hellhole you crawled from. Yet people are screaming and federal politicians to do something. This is up to the people of Florida in my opinion. In Texas we decided to add guns in the hands of law abiding citizens. It’s our principal that guns are not the problem and you’ll never outlaw violence. Some of the most violent acts in our history were bombs and planes.

Please.

17 students dead in Florida has no impact on my life?

I'm not an American?

I'm pretty sure Florida is in the US of A, so yes, it affects me.

Texas did whatever they did? Great for Texas.

In Massachusetts, we restricted the friend out of guns, and we have one of the lowest 'death by guns' rates in the US.

Look at Connecticut after Sandy Hook - they implemented stricter gun laws, and, SHOCKER, deaths by guns went way down.

Can you get a gun in MA or CT? Absolutely.

I'm so sorry if you have to wait for a week or endure a criminal background check before you can buy a gun, poor dear.

So, the issue isn't taking anyone's guns.

You've said it yourself - what works in Texas might not work in California or Massachusetts or Connecticut, and vice versa.

But, can you explain to me how a mentally unstable 19 year-old with multiple run ins with the law and clear mental health issues could be allowed to purchase an AR-15 in the state of Florida?

Again, I'm not advocating restricting anyone's gun rights, but it seems to me we could be doing a wee bit better about keeping guns out of the hands of people that really shouldn't have them.

Can we agree on that?