RV LIFESTYLE

Ramblinman

Retired in February after 40 years at BigBrown, hit the road in the RV. After spending a few months at the beach then traveling around the country we are headed home, enjoyed every minute of it. Question is, we are thinking of going full time RVing, starting this fall, maybe do some workkamping next year. Is there anybody here doing this or thinking about it?

rod

Retired 22 years
I would do it in a heartbeat but the wife thinks she has too many friends around here to just pack up and leave for anything longer than maybe a month. It would have to be in a motorhome though. The wife has serious problems pulling a camper.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've definitely thought about it and my wife's on board with the idea. I'm thinking I would go with a 5th wheel camper vs an RV though.

W

What The Hawk?

If it's not a 24 hour store, don't park there. usually means high crime. Look on Reddit, many people live that lifestyle and love it.

Shiftless

Retired in February after 40 years at BigBrown, hit the road in the RV. After spending a few months at the beach then traveling around the country we are headed home, enjoyed every minute of it. Question is, we are thinking of going full time RVing, starting this fall, maybe do some workkamping next year. Is there anybody here doing this or thinking about it?

Maybe this is what you are looking for in a post?

I have relative's (Husband and Wife) who every year leave California and drive up to Alaska and do camp host work. Altho not a UPS guy he does have the gift of gab and likes to engage people in conversation like many old school drivers did. Today's drivers have NO time to talk to a customer today so that finely honed skill is ????

It is not about the money for them. Granted they do make money. They love the scenery and fishing and when relatives fly up to visit while they do their stuff just adds to the mix. Live in their very nice diesel pusher while there. People always give them portions of their daily catch. Cool gig! I think they would do it for free if asked they like it so much!

You are retired after 40 years! Do what trips your trigger! Don't listen to the clowns on this site! Especially ME!

I'm hoping to start in the next year or two

tourists24

Ive thought about starting to RV for several years now. My reservation is leaving the comforts of a home. How tough is it adjusting to having to deal with showering and dumping black water and limited electricity scenarios etc?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Been rv'ing for about 12 years now. Thought about doing the work camp thing, but getting the wife to agree would be tough, plus most camp hosts hide in their rv unless they have bad news to deliver to rowdy drunks etc. Not sure I'd want all that to deal with.

As far as power and wastewater: I've got a solar panel for boondocking. That lets me stop alongside the highway for lunch between campgrounds..You can get way more elaborate with a generator, inverter, more batteries etc, but that's not for me.

Black water is no issue as I only camp where there are full hookups. I dump the tanks at the KOA or whatever camp I'm at then hit the road for the next place.

rod

Retired 22 years
Black water is no issue as I only camp where there are full hookups. I dump the tanks at the KOA or whatever camp I'm at then hit the road for the next place.

I'm kind of the opposite. I prefer more rustic/scenic campgrounds like State/Federal Parks. Most of those have just electricity and a place to "dump" on the way out. Full hook-up campgrounds are getting too expensive--$45 or $50 a night. I carry a 2000 watt Honda generator with me that gives me enough power to run everything except the AC. Two of the best places I've camped had no hook-ups.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ive thought about starting to RV for several years now. My reservation is leaving the comforts of a home. How tough is it adjusting to having to deal with showering and dumping black water and limited electricity scenarios etc?
Have you seen some these rigs? The luxury models look nicer than my house.