S friend A

SmithBarney

Just answer down the middle or Not Applicable.

I love the one question, does your manager and his manager communicate well with each other..
How the hell are we supposed to know...honestly these questions are a waste of time.
I understand how the survey could be helpful to correct the actions of poor managers, but
alas they would have to take A action for it to work.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just answer down the middle or Not Applicable.

I love the one question, does your manager and his manager communicate well with each other..
How the hell are we supposed to know...honestly these questions are a waste of time.
I understand how the survey could be helpful to correct the actions of poor managers, but
alas they would have to take A action for it to work.

Watch for the SFA to disappear. They know we'd go union now if we could, so why waste money administering a survey that no longer fulfills it's function? A manager can be a complete A-hole, have a horrible SFA, and still keep their job...IF they make the numbers. That's all that matters.

hypo hanna

I think there is something special about this one. My mgr is going nuts trying to get us to take it . (4 emails so far on a survey that was supposed to be closed on the 19th). Usually he would give up after two messages and certainly wouldn't be pestering us this far after the fact.

Goldilocks

I think there is something special about this one. My mgr is going nuts trying to get us to take it . (4 emails so far on a survey that was supposed to be closed on the 19th). Usually he would give up after two messages and certainly wouldn't be pestering us this far after the fact.

I agree, something is up...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I had to do this SFA crap, and I even asked my current manager if he thought it was fair for me to grade him and he said he didn't care as long as I did it. I wasn't very kind on the upper management part, left all but a few of his as N/A.

vantexan

I had to do this SFA crap, and I even asked my current manager if he thought it was fair for me to grade him and he said he didn't care as long as I did it. I wasn't very kind on the upper management part, left all but a few of his as N/A.

Why did you have to do it? I told my new mgr a few days ago I know longer participate in the SFA. He was curious why, but didn't make an issue of it.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Why did you have to do it? I told my new mgr a few days ago I know longer participate in the SFA. He was curious why, but didn't make an issue of it.

He basically begged, so I relented. I feel bad for him because he is a good guy and caught a bad rap for being that way. Don't figure he'll be around much longer. Otherwise, I don't do the SFA either....now I just have to figure out where my rod/reel combo is for my safe driving award, from September. Can't have too many fishing rods.

vantexan

He basically begged, so I relented. I feel bad for him because he is a good guy and caught a bad rap for being that way. Don't figure he'll be around much longer. Otherwise, I don't do the SFA either....now I just have to figure out where my rod/reel combo is for my safe driving award, from September. Can't have too many fishing rods.

I wonder what my mgr will say when I tell him no on the awards?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree, something is up...

Here's what I think, from the ORHBS of the BC. Memphis is so detached, so oblivious, and so policy-bound, that they need a survey to "tell" them the obvious, which is that most employees have finally "had-it". They will waste even more money to have a mid-year SFA tell them what they already know...that they are morons who couldn't manage a 7-11, much less an overnight delivery giant.

eta_2359

Our SFAs are horrible. I for one have given my current management staff rock-bottom ratings! And nothing ever comes of it. We have an ops manager who has committed two, yes TWO acts of workplace violence against employees. One employee was injured, the other escaped injury. The manager has had complaints filed against them, even SEVEN EEOs (filed internally). All EEO filers were notified in writing that (GET THIS!) the investigator found no evidence of harassment. For the third question: Favoritism does not exist in my workgroup, my answer will always be STRONGLY DISAGREE. The manager them self is a blatant example of favoritism. They can do no wrong. They are fully backed by the senior manager, district manager, and regional manager. What corruption! What a joke!

overflowed

SFA's are a litmus test for union activity. Nothing more.

I totally agree with that statement. It's more for them to see how unhappy the workforce is and to see how much more they can screw us over. If the sfa doesn't go well they probably tell management to back off a bit. Wouldn't want us to start organizing now would they?

whenIgetthere

I wonder what my mgr will say when I tell him no on the awards?

I took the SFA this week, relented when my manager begged because I need the $ with the lack of hours, and since I was on the clock, I said what the heck! Also did a survey on UW, and spent 45 minutes giving them my opinions on that one!

DS

Fenderbender
At ups they have a similar survey called the ERI.
No matter what anyone says,nothing ever changes,
so SFA is the best way to describe the actions taken
after the results are in.They do Sweet friend All.

whenIgetthere

Dude that's awesome. Exactly what i do. Well, hmm couldn't make up my mind.

The best part for me and the mid year SFA, when I went in to take it, I had a notebook with me (it's my CYA notebook about everything). My manager asked me what it was, and I told her it was my notes for the past six months. The look on her face was priceless as I closed the door to the office!!