Sabbath Ground

I have a serious question regarding the Tues. - Sat. schedule.

In my building so I've heard, lower seniority Pre-loaders and PT Cover Drivers have no choice... but, can he or she say that they honor the "Sabbath" (God's day of rest). to not work the Saturday schedule. Does UPS take religious beliefs into perspective?

oldngray

nowhere special
21st-Century-1.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0169.GIF

In my building so I've heard, lower seniority Pre-loaders and PT Cover Drivers have no choice... but, can he or she say that they honor the "Sabbath" (God's day of rest). to not work the Saturday schedule. Does UPS take religious beliefs into perspective?

Don't know about the sabbath

But it ain't happen on the shabbos

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Which religion are we discussing here. It's rather important.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They'll deny the religious accommodation request claiming undue hardship on the employer.
You can request the accommodation on UPSers.com if you want to give their lawyers some work.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

"Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 gives employees the right to ask for schedule adjustments in order to practice their religion. However, it also gives employers the right to refuse these requests if to do so would cause undue hardship on the company,"
If they can find someone to volunteer to switch with you then they should, but they can't force someone to switch to accommodate you

Saturday is my day of rest but I don't feel duty bound to skip work because of it. I can go to synagogue, or hold prayer whenever and wherever I want so long as 9 others worship with me. A lot of people around here aren't on the typical shabbes/sabbath in my state anyway.

zero

A person in my center supposedly signed some type of religious papers from upsers or HR and got it approved so he doesnt have to work after sunset on Fridays. Saturdays havent started at my center yet...

Ghost in the Darkness

Sabbath is sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. Doesn't matter what your denomination/religion is, that is the Sabbath... always has been and always will be. Sunday is the day of worship for many denominations, but its not the Sabbath and Biblically speaking was never a replacement for the Sabbath.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What religion, the Teamsters?