Safe Driver Honor Program

over9five

Staff member
I know it's nice of the company to do this for us, and I appreciate it, but the selection is awful!

I'm up for my 18 year award, and I have no clue what to pick. I wanted a small digital camera, so I called and asked if I could pick from a lesser catagory. Sure, they said! Unfortunately, there is only one camera, and it's at the 15 year level and you can't pick from a lesser "milestone" level.

So go here "awardsuite" and help me pick! (Or just back me up that the selection needs improvement!)

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
“I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.”

As a P.M. Air Driver, I don't "qualify" for any kind of safe driving award.

I drive 100+ miles(city) daily.
Different vehicles almost daily.
75% of my time on road is after dark.
Different stops all the time.

This didn't bother me much for the first few years. I thought, "Keep your wallets and mini-maglights, I don't need them". But, after 10+ years the awards are looking better and better. Now it irks me.

I can say, that the "years of service" awards seem to be a lesser quality since UPS switched to TharpeRobbins last year. My "20 Years of Service" award is the only award I've ever recieved from UPS.

Ours recently switch from MC Fina to another company that I can't think of the name of right now. My problem is that the new system requires a certificate #, have no idea where to get that number. AND, I qualified for the 18 years award (have had an accident that cut off two years)in June but didn't receive my box till december. I didn't even think about it again till after Christmas and when I remembered it was too late to select even if I had the cert #. So basically I am screwed out of the award. Life won't end and I'll not worry about it.

Over, I would go for the Bulova men's watch, C-75.
I think the selsction is OK for maybe two or three years, but stretching it to five makes it not so good.

You can buy a decent digital camera for less than $100 at your favorite super store.

Big Babooba

I know it's nice of the company to do this for us, and I appreciate it, but the selection is awful!

I'm up for my 18 year award, and I have no clue what to pick. I wanted a small digital camera, so I called and asked if I could pick from a lesser catagory. Sure, they said! Unfortunately, there is only one camera, and it's at the 15 year level and you can't pick from a lesser "milestone" level.

So go here "awardsuite" and help me pick! (Or just back me up that the selection needs improvement!)
The Uniden cordless phone would come in handy when you call out sick while you're sitting by the pool.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When we were still with MC Fina I used to go to their website about a month or so before my award was due and browse the selections. I then went back about 2 weeks before and was able to order my award and would have it in hand before I would receive my award at the PCM. As Trp said, you now have to have a certificate #, which is included in the award packet that you receive at the PCM.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Beware the liquidation sale prices.

Our local Circuit City was in the first round of closings a few months back. The "special store closing" prices were higher than the pre-sale prices. You would be better off going to Best Buys.

I got actually earned my twenty year safe driving award Christmas Eve. Somebody screwed the date up though, the company thinks the anniversary date is in April. I asked the center manager to fix it, but I haven't heard anything about it. No big deal now, but I would think it would be good to get in the Circle of Honor before I retire.

over9five

Staff member
Ours recently switch from MC Fina to another company that I can't think of the name of right now. My problem is that the new system requires a certificate #, have no idea where to get that number. AND, I qualified for the 18 years award (have had an accident that cut off two years)in June but didn't receive my box till december. I didn't even think about it again till after Christmas and when I remembered it was too late to select even if I had the cert #. So basically I am screwed out of the award. Life won't end and I'll not worry about it.

Over, I would go for the Bulova men's watch, C-75.
I think the selsction is OK for maybe two or three years, but stretching it to five makes it not so good.

You can buy a decent digital camera for less than $100 at your favorite super store.

Yeah, I had to call about that certificate #. Turns out it's that really long number at the top of the letter. (14 characters). Why don't they just put "This is your certificate number" next to it???

over9five

Staff member
Somebody screwed the date up though, the company thinks the anniversary date is in April. I asked the center manager to fix it, but I haven't heard anything about it. No big deal now, but I would think it would be good to get in the Circle of Honor before I retire.

Same thing happened to me, I asked too. No-one ever fixed it!

Yeah, I had to call about that certificate #. Turns out it's that really long number at the top of the letter. (14 characters). Why don't they just put "This is your certificate number" next to it???
My box came from MC Fina, but by the time I remembered to actually order the company had switched to the new place. So I didn't have a letter from them and Fina wouldn't allow me to order either.