Safe driving days reset

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Has anyone ever heard of your safe driving days resetting after going out on workers comp? Asking for a friend…

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Unless they’re trying to point your workman’s comp on being unsafe methods.
Still doesn’t make sense of your safe driving resetting

raceanoncr

Check your records frequently. Do they make mistakes? You tell me.

Yrs ago, when having annual ride, supe went over health record. Said, "Let's see, you had a heart attack in 0000". I said I've never had a heart attack. I said I want that erased. He said he would.
A yr later, same supe, same report, same heart attack. I said, "Why's this still here?". He siad he didn't know. I said, and I qoute, "If YOU don't get this off in thirty days, I WILL". He said, "Oh, I know you will".
30 days later, I checked it, it was gone.
My point:
Yes, they can/do make clerical and other mistakes. It's up to YOU to verify and correct mistakes.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Check your records frequently. Do they make mistakes? You tell me.

Yrs ago, when having annual ride, supe went over health record. Said, "Let's see, you had a heart attack in 0000". I said I've never had a heart attack. I said I want that erased. He said he would.
A yr later, same supe, same report, same heart attack. I said, "Why's this still here?". He siad he didn't know. I said, and I qoute, "If YOU don't get this off in thirty days, I WILL". He said, "Oh, I know you will".
30 days later, I checked it, it was gone.
My point:
Yes, they can/do make clerical and other mistakes. It's up to YOU to verify and correct mistakes.

Mistakes and just being lazy I can see happening, but this manager blatantly lied. Always moving the goal post, Saying your safe driving resets by a year even if you get inured on the job. Which was the first time ive ever heard this. When I didn’t receive one for almost two years i asked my steward if work comp that isn’t related to an accident on the package car will it reset your safe driving, he said no.

I honestly could careless about any safety award. they dont give a sheet about our safety and those awards are just a reminder of that. I just want to make a point. You dont get to change the rules because of some vendetta you have.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
The circle of honor is a dog and pony show I’ve seen them get rid of safe driving years for a cracked $3 mirror that the mechanic peeled off and replaced in less than 5 min.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Mistakes and just being lazy I can see happening, but this manager blatantly lied. Always moving the goal post, Saying your safe driving resets by a year even if you get inured on the job. Which was the first time ive ever heard this. When I didn’t receive one for almost two years i asked my steward if work comp that isn’t related to an accident on the package car will it reset your safe driving, he said no.

I honestly could careless about any safety award. they dont give a sheet about our safety and those awards are just a reminder of that. I just want to make a point. You dont get to change the rules because of some vendetta you have.
My safe driving was never “reset” because of a comp injury.

Overpaid Union Thug

The “reset” after accidents is a joke. Logic says that one accident in a year means a driver has to work an additional year before they are credited with another safe year driving. But not at UPS! But what else should we expect from a company that dropped millions of dollars on a software/navigation program that wants us to drive figure eights on dead end roads.

Johney

Doesn't have to be consecutive. However, if you had an incident within the first 5 years driving you would reset back to zero.
I believe it resets also at every 5 year anniversary. In other words if you get charged with an accident at 11 years safe driving it goes back to 10. Same with 15,20,25,etc.

Re-Raise

I believe it resets also at every 5 year anniversary. In other words if you get charged with an accident at 11 years safe driving it goes back to 10. Same with 15,20,25,etc.
I don’t think so..at least not at my old center. We had guys only lose one year after they made it through that first five years.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don’t think so..at least not at my old center. We had guys only lose one year after they made it through that first five years.
Was the same in my area. Only went back a year after the first 5. Also was not credited for time off due to workers comp.