Safety member has accident

dcdriver

nations capital
Safety member has minor accident and manager does not report it. different driver has minor accident the following week is put though the ringer and charge with accident. Different strokes for different folks

oldngray

nowhere special
I like turtles.

7795_ite_Turtles-Flat-Box.jpg

with nuts?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

In my Center, it seems like the Safety Committee members have the most accidents. Thats why they are "asked" to join.

One of the ladies on our safety team, who loves getting her 60 a week, fell asleep and hit three trailers into each other. Never heard a word mentioned at any PCM.

Cementups

Box Monkey
One of our safety guys has a high accident count as well as numerous complaints about it. Plus he contributes NOTHING to the committee. He's only on it so he can start at 7:30 and he punches out every day by 4:30

over9five

Staff member
We've disbanded the safety committee here. Back when I was in Package and driving down the highway, it would always be a safety committee member when someone passed you like you were standing still.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The OP has yet to be addressed----two minor accidents, one driver charged, the other, who happens to be on the Safety Committee, is not. Is there any way that the Union can rectify this?

Cementups

Box Monkey
We've disbanded the safety committee here. Back when I was in Package and driving down the highway, it would always be a safety committee member when someone passed you like you were standing still.

A couple of ours, including the one I mentioned, will be taken off the safety committee once the new contract goes through. The union will take control of who is on the safety committee then.

oldngray

nowhere special

The safety committee could always get away with doing unsafe things and the company would turn a blind eye. They were mostly a bunch of suck ups UPS loved and took special care of.

A couple of ours, including the one I mentioned, will be taken off the safety committee once the new contract goes through. The union will take control of who is on the safety committee then.
Actually that's how it was in the last contract. We had guys pulled for narking and doing observations after we told then they could not.

Retiredmgr

407 Steward.....how has work been this past week and a half...Tom does not miss it at all ! It is usually the most friend$&?ed up week.