Safety playbooks

DILLIGAF1

Is any other center filling out "safety playbooks?" I am not opposed to reduntantly quoting safety stuff at work or working safely. I am concerned that the sup makes us sign what we have done. Can they hold us accountable if we get injured for what we just signed? In these books we fill out the keys for lifting, backing, 10 point commentary ETC. I have read article 6, but not sure if this truely applies here.

Ouch

They can try to hold you accountable. Trust me if you get hurt God forbid, hire an attorney and you will be amazed at what they can't hold you accountable for. Its sad it has to be that way. They are methods designed to try to prevent you from being injured. It is not 100%. Accidents do happen and your body will react in different ways when you age. You can do every method 100% and still get injured. I would not sign anything but paycheck, dvir, and the dot legal papers.

Rainman

Its all good.
Is any other center filling out "safety playbooks?" I am not opposed to reduntantly quoting safety stuff at work or working safely. I am concerned that the sup makes us sign what we have done. Can they hold us accountable if we get injured for what we just signed? In these books we fill out the keys for lifting, backing, 10 point commentary ETC. I have read article 6, but not sure if this truely applies here.
Where we are we write" signed under protest". I don't know If it will do any good, but it is a good arguing point to show that you were being forced if something does happen.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

We have them in are center the books are like telematics they only matter 8 or 9 months out of the year from November to February you don't hear a thing about them then all of a sudden sometime in February safety becomes important again till November.

Not saying that working safe isn't a priority but seems like it's only a big priority until it gets in the way of production and profits (peak )...

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
You do not have to sign them if you choose not to, however it can be made to look as if you don't care about safety if the company tried to use it that way. People need to remember that job safety is one of the biggest things Unions have worked for thru history. We do not want to ignore that or take it for granted.

I usually do the playbook, sign my name and write just above my name that I will do my best to work safely and by the methods.

It is true the only things you must sign are things that are job requirements, such as DOT card, haz-mat certifications, the book in the package car that says if any mechanical issues have been noted and repaired.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We have them in are center the books are like telematics they only matter 8 or 9 months out of the year from November to February you don't hear a thing about them then all of a sudden sometime in February safety becomes important again till November.

Not saying that working safe isn't a priority but seems like it's only a big priority until it gets in the way of production and profits (peak )...

Agreed, I have a saying. Safety as long as its convenient!! That however is a management problem that only becomes your problem if you let it. You make the choice to work safely or not. It should not matter how many stops you have or what your plans are for the evening!! You choose not to be safe for an instant and you may never make it to your plans!!

Rainman

Its all good.
We used the play books a few years back, but haven't used them for at least 2 years now. Our safety committee argued against them as being too repetitive, doing something just to check a box to say we did it. If we have a safety demo or something in the safety zone, we use the 15 month plan or current events to dictate what we cover, not some @&!?*+~* play book written by someone in corporate who never did the job.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anonymous 12

Non active member
If it was me I'd draw my play up in the dirt like Bernie Kosar.