Sailfish's Badass Critter Thread

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The '90s.

I can understand apartment dwellers doing this. But even if there was room in the garage, everybody thought it was cool to hang a bicycle in the house.
I’m thinking many NYC apartment dwellers hang their bike in their apartment seeing as how space is so limited and expensive.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Very many people I knew did this. That list also included two of my love interests. They rode bicycles for fitness and ordinary errands.

Both times I had to go to the hardware store, buy lag-bolt hooks, and install the stupid things!
Must be a regional thing. Plus you were probably trying to get some nasty hippie puss. I hear they hang bikes in the house. Lol

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yesterday I stopped somewhere to eat and there was a little black bug on the table I was about to sit at. Thinking it was a fly I went to shoo it away and realized it was a jumping spider. How he got into the middle of a restaurant I don't know but I took him outside and let him go in the bushes.

Mutineer

New world tarantulas are non aggressive. Old world tarantulas, especially the cobalt blue, are psychotic.

I once watched a tarantula wander into a chicken pen.

The chickens immediately pecked it to death and ate it.

The next day three of the chickens had their eyes swollen shut, and a few days after that a couple chickens died.

As I later learned, tarantulas have mini porcupine-like quills on their backs and they'll fling them at you with their hind legs if you piss them off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
6045CDFA-3AED-409C-B94D-FC583538648C.jpeg

Five spotted hawk moth.
F7ECBFEF-A6F9-47C5-AC81-D9D356714AE5.jpeg

They can get this big!