Salary

I am in the process of being promoted to a Feeder On Road Supervisor. Supposed to start training next week. I have not been told what my salary will be. When I ask I am just told they don't have the figures yet. I don't like the idea of accepting a position without knowing. Is this a common practice at UPS?

watdaflock?

When I ask I am just told they don't have the figures yet.
lol.jpeg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Before I moved to management they gave me the offer before I was even able to accept it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In my department, dispatchers were all full time, yard controllers were all PT. Perhaps dispatch to on road might be a lateral move. ? Might be some extra $$$ if your drivers hit certain incentives. The on roads I know in feeders (I've known quite a few in the 29 years I spent in feeders) love the job. They really enjoy setting their own hours. Schedule your rides to your benefit. Put in your required hours and make it a long weekend. A lot less stress than sitting in the chair. I'd sure get something in writing before I made the change, tho. Do you have the option of turning the move down? If you do, you know you're probably stuck for a long long time. Good luck.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Feeder on road is a lot less stressful. They dont have as many performance metrics and reports. The hours can very. Most of the new on roads are forced to work at night.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am in the process of being promoted to a Feeder On Road Supervisor. Supposed to start training next week. I have not been told what my salary will be. When I ask I am just told they don't have the figures yet. I don't like the idea of accepting a position without knowing. Is this a common practice at UPS?
No. Once you are offered the position, you are given the starting salary. That can be negotiated up as a UPS employee but it will not be much. It depends on how much you make now.